Speed signs on sat nav/digital dashboard

motormadmarc

Dec 24, 2020
Norfolk, Next To The Sea 🐟
Hi guys.

I've just bought a new Leon 1ltr TSI SE Dynamic and I was just wondering If somebody could please answer me a question. My question Is, how do I get the speed limit road signs to appear on my computer screen or on my digital dashboard? I'm a complete newbie to all this digital stuff, and I can't find a way to make the speed limit signs to appear for my observation while driving.
I'm away from home at the moment and I haven't got the handbook available, so I just thought I'd ask on this forum.

Cheers lads :unsure:

Reactions: Johnwilliamson

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
The speed signs of the dash are part of the traffic sign recognition, its separate from the nav.

Traffic sign recognition came as part of the Safety and Driving packs, which I don't think can be added on the se dynamic.

motormadmarc

Dec 24, 2020
The speed signs of the dash are part of the traffic sign recognition, its separate from the nav.

Traffic sign recognition came as part of the Safety and Driving packs, which I don't think can be added on the se dynamic.

Thanks for the reply Dan. Also, would you happen to know If the speed warning signs should or can be displayed on the Sat Nav.

Thanks (y)

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Thanks for the reply Dan. Also, would you happen to know If the speed warning signs should or can be displayed on the Sat Nav.

Thanks (y)
I think they only show when navigating. I don't rember seeing an option to always have them visible

motormadmarc

Dec 24, 2020
I think they only show when navigating. I don't rember seeing an option to always have them visible

Thanks Dan.

I'm only asking because I used the navigation earlier today for the first time and there were no speed signs visable for the entire 2 hour journey. Nor was there a notification telling me at what speed the car was travelling at. I just assumed that just like my portable Garmin, these notifications would be available on the Seat built In Sat Nav as well :unsure:

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
There is a speed warning setting somewhere in the navigation settings, it may be it hasn't been turned on. But the speed signs only show when navigating

Dec 28, 2020
Thanks Dan.

I'm only asking because I used the navigation earlier today for the first time and there were no speed signs visable for the entire 2 hour journey. Nor was there a notification telling me at what speed the car was travelling at. I just assumed that just like my portable Garmin, these notifications would be available on the Seat built In Sat Nav as well :unsure:
I can confirm it doesn’t appear in the sat Nav . You need the safety pack add on for the dash. I personally don’t use it and use waze on my phone instead. The built in sat nav is poor.

Tell

Staff member
But then traffic sign recognition will spot variable traffic signs, new speed limits etc which won't be in Waze. Now speed cameras with sound warnings can't be read into the mib3 system traffic sign recognition is your best bet for keeping within variable changing speed limits. Don't reckon the army of Waze reporters can match that.