Speedometer and fuel gauge not working

• Thread starter Deleted member 134260
  • Start date

Deleted member 134260

Hi, I purchased a leon cupra r yesterday, the speedo and fuel gauge isn't working properly.

Showing 0 mph, and full fuel , but the fuel drops when the acceleration pedal is depressed.

I've checked the wiring to the sensor and that's all OK, could this be a faulty sensor?

Thanks in advance.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Sounds like a dead cluster to me if you're not getting any speedo reading as well as inconsistent fuel readings.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Deleted member 134260

Sounds like a dead cluster to me if you're not getting any speedo reading as well as inconsistent fuel readings.

Okay man, yeah few things that aren't operating properly. Traction control for example. Doesn't show as off on the cluster.

Do the clusters need coding on these ?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I'm definitely swaying towards a faulty cluster with that many unrelated system issues and yes they require coding in.

I can supply full cluster, locks & ECU kits for these cars so it's all plug and play if required.

Deleted member 134260

I'm definitely swaying towards a faulty cluster with that many unrelated system issues and yes they require coding in.

I can supply full cluster, locks & ECU kits for these cars so it's all plug and play if required.

How much am I looking at bud? Send me a pm😁

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Also if the alternator isn’t charging and the battery is completely drained while driving it can kill the cluster and make it do strange things. I’d agree more with Thai tho on his post.

Deleted member 134260

Also if the alternator isn’t charging and the battery is completely drained while driving it can kill the cluster and make it do strange things. I’d agree more with Thai tho on his post.
Thank you mate.

May 12, 2022
Hello, I had bad solder joints on the cluster connectors that caused same problems as you have.

I used this guide to disassemble the cluster and then resoldered all the pins of the blue and green connectors. After that i haven't had any problems with speedometer or fuel gauge.

Reactions: Rich.T

Deleted member 134260

UPDATE :speedo now fixed, was the speed sensor, but my fuel gauge is now stuck on full, its not even dipping when accelerating anymore.

Could this be the sender ?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.