Spotify Issues

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Anyone with a Mk3 ( 2017 onwards Cupra specifically for comparison sake) use Spotify?

I do and up until recently I haven’t had any (major) problems. I connect via genuine Apple USB cable on an iPhone 7 with up to date iOS 12.0.1.

When I play any music from Spotify now, I get about three songs before I get an infuriating white noise and Spotify stops working. Which means I have to remove the USB cable and re-Insert it to get it working again.

Anyone else have this problem?

Anyone got a remedy (Serious replies please )?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Anyone with a Mk3 ( 2017 onwards Cupra specifically for comparison sake) use Spotify?

I do and up until recently I haven’t had any (major) problems. I connect via genuine Apple USB cable on an iPhone 7 with up to date iOS 12.0.1.

When I play any music from Spotify now, I get about three songs before I get an infuriating white noise and Spotify stops working. Which means I have to remove the USB cable and re-Insert it to get it working again.

I haven't got this, but my cars not that long been in my hands.

However I would recommend swapping the USB cable first.

Reactions: Maypack

Veyron_fan

Oct 28, 2018

I use android auto spotify and recently I've had it suddenly stop playing and a message come up, in spotify itself, saying "spotify has stopped working". But then if i just select something to play it will work again like nothing happened, no need to unplug or anything. Make sure you have any battery saver modes switched off on the phone. My waze app can't even function properly unless i turn battery saver off so maybe it's a similar issue with spotify. The full link seems to suck a lot more of the phones processing power than when u just run android auto or carplay on the phone itself.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
I use android auto spotify and recently I've had it suddenly stop playing and a message come up, in spotify itself, saying "spotify has stopped working". But then if i just select something to play it will work again like nothing happened, no need to unplug or anything. Make sure you have any battery saver modes switched off on the phone. My waze app can't even function properly unless i turn battery saver off so maybe it's a similar issue with spotify. The full link seems to suck a lot more of the phones processing power than when u just run android auto or carplay on the phone itself.

There's no battery saving modes enabled and as the phone is connected by USB its constantly being charged up too. I'll try another Genuine Apple USB cable and maybe swap it to the other USB socket to fully test the car. Personally I think its with the Spotify App as it didn't do this until a recent update.

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Just in getting the new pilot sport 4s on. Finally getting rid of the potenzas that where on the back :)
bfc1856550af7654f97edff9fc245f6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Veyron_fan

Oct 28, 2018
There's no battery saving modes enabled and as the phone is connected by USB its constantly being charged up too. I'll try another Genuine Apple USB cable and maybe swap it to the other USB socket to fully test the car. Personally I think its with the Spotify App as it didn't do this until a recent update.

Given that I'm getting a similar, if not quite identical, issue on android now I suspect it is on spotifys end. Keep us posted :)

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I have a similar issue with my iPhone 8 connected via genuine Apple usb cable, it will sometimes randomly just stop playing music and close the music app on my phone and on the infotainment screen it says “USB 1 (or 2 whichever I’m using at the time) has been disconnected. Which then makes me pullover and have to set it all up again which is really annoying. My own problems aren’t going to help yours though haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
I have a similar issue with my iPhone 8 connected via genuine Apple usb cable, it will sometimes randomly just stop playing music and close the music app on my phone and on the infotainment screen it says “USB 1 (or 2 whichever I’m using at the time) has been disconnected. Which then makes me pullover and have to set it all up again which is really annoying. My own problems aren’t going to help yours though haha

Ito have other problems similar to what you have. I think it’s a Spotify issue.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Ito have other problems similar to what you have. I think it’s a Spotify issue.

Forgot to mention that I use Apple Music. I thought it must’ve been something wrong with the cable but it never did this in my Ibiza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heliophile

May 1, 2016
Manchester

Via CarPlay?

heliophile

May 1, 2016
Manchester
Yeah via Apple Car Play.
I’ve not had the same problem. Only suggestion I can offer is to check your lightning port for fluff. I had intermittent connection issue a while back and rocked up to the Genius Bar expecting a phone swap, only to see the genius scrape out a pile of fluff from the port with a sim tool, which had been blocking a proper connection. I was a little chastened.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I’ve not had the same problem. Only suggestion I can offer is to check your lightning port for fluff. I had intermittent connection issue a while back and rocked up to the Genius Bar expecting a phone swap, only to see the genius scrape out a pile of fluff from the port with a sim tool, which had been blocking a proper connection. I was a little chastened.
Very good point, I found my connection was a bit lose and ended up pulling a fair chunk of fluff out. Became a nice solid connection again.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
I’ve not had the same problem. Only suggestion I can offer is to check your lightning port for fluff.

Checked and cleaned. No fluff found. Also checked all other sockets, USB in car and USB plug on the other end of the cable. Also tried both USB ports in the car. All resulted in the same issue as initially reported.

It’s also the same if I try to use in my wifes Leon too with a different cable.

New Apple cable being bought this morning so will try that.

However I’m starting to conclude it’s a Spotify issue.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Checked and cleaned. No fluff found. Also checked all other sockets, USB in car and USB plug on the other end of the cable. Also tried both USB ports in the car. All resulted in the same issue as initially reported.

It’s also the same if I try to use in my wifes Leon too with a different cable.

New Apple cable being bought this morning so will try that.

However I’m starting to conclude it’s a Spotify issue.
You've probably already tried this, but have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it? Spotify has been working with mine fine. But mines a different model of iPhone.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise