ST won't unlock the tailgate?

philhoward

Aug 17, 2015
Not sure if I've done anything odd at some point, but for some reason the tailgate won't unlock with the rest of the doors any more (it was working a couple of days ago). Checked the setting and it's still set to "All Doors"; only way I can open it (handle does nothing) is press and hold the keyfob button, then the handle works as it's popped off its stops.

Any ideas?

philhoward

Aug 17, 2015
I haven't but will try it. Question is why it's started doing it if that's the case? I thought the double press was if you only had it set to "Drivers" or "Driver side"?

Off to have a try..

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
Are you switching keys when you drive it. the unlock all doors, or safety only features are key specific on a lot of cars. On my wife's Corsa she has driver door unlock only on her key and when I use my key it always unlocks everything and doesn't lock on set off.

philhoward

Aug 17, 2015
Are you switching keys when you drive it. the unlock all doors, or safety only features are key specific on a lot of cars. On my wife's Corsa she has driver door unlock only on her key and when I use my key it always unlocks everything and doesn't lock on set off.

To answer that one, nope - spare key is still in my drawer. I swap fobs when the battery needs replacing:rofl:

Phoned SEAT last Friday, booked in for this Tuesday morning (sit and wait - I thought they were just going to have a look and order a part in); an hour and a half later, a new lock/switch assembly fitted on warranty, no charge, job done. Normal service has resumed :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.