Stage 2 - Fail! :(

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
Went to big fish tuning (local tuner) yesterday to get the car mapped

Very excited man and ready for a new feel of driving!

Couldn't do it :( .. Reckons the vacuum pipes are in a bit of a state! The main one being the one that runs from the top of the engine to below the inlet manifold, apparently it's a ******* to change!

So .. Gunna order a good length of pipe and get all the pipes changed while I'm on!

Ordered the vacuum pipe next to inlet/charge pipe that doubles back on itself ... Apparently that's a common one .... Ordered all the intercooler pipes and some other bits and bobs too!

Also found the 17705 code - which is apparently a common ecu fault .. He can map around that!

So hopefully by the 16th we will be up and running :D excited!!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
You have 17705 because the pipes are split and its got a leak. The mapper shouldn't be working around that!

17705 is a factory temp threshold which can be mapped out..
many cars do it from cold start and result in limp.. VAG got it wrong.

also, leaky pipes can cause it of course, but the temp one is the fault which mapping can remedy

Leaky PCV pipes is very very very common. Why all my maps start with smoke test first.. 80% have leaks at that point which need fixing before mapping.

Nice to see they were being thorough.

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
Thanks for the input , always appreciated

He is a very reputable local tuner and said he wouldn't map it until it was fixed because he wants the best out of the car, gave him £50 for the work he done, but get that off the map when I go back ... Can't be more fair than that I don't think!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.