"Stage 2" TT 225 Quattro

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Milltek Cat-Back arrived and got fitted today :D

a.jpg

IMG_0404copy.jpg

Did my best to fit the cat but like **** would the bolts come off, so that is for another day :(

However, the cat-back looks sounds and feels awesome, Im very impressed!

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
I'm chuffed, Be even happier when the cat is on.

My intercooler turned up but its got no fitting hardware so Im having to fabricate my own brackets for it.

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Fitted an APR front mount intercooler. The core itself is a nice bit of kit, its got cast end tanks and comes with hard boost pipes, bought it second hand from eBay and it came off Awesome GTi's APR TT.

17082011431.jpg

I didn't manage to get any pictures of fitting but it's safe to say it was a pretty involved job. It came with no fitting hardware whatsoever so I had to fabricate my own brackets. The hard pipes take up a lot of room to so headlight washers had to go and there was a lot of bumper cutting to get the bumper to go back on and then modifying the lower grills to accommodate the pipes and then plastic welding clips back on to hold them on.

It's not something I'd like to have to do again, and if I was buying new I'd probably buy a forge item, but I'm pleased with the outcome:

IMG_0412copy.jpg

IMG_0414copy.jpg

IMG_0416copy.jpg

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Fitted a V2 Badger5 80mm TIP, and a Jetex filter to go with it.

Massive difference in size of TIP to standard, and the quality is really really good. Real easy to fit too, took me about an hour.

IMG_0674copy.jpg

IMG_0676copy.jpg

IMG_0679copy.jpg

IMG_0681copy.jpg

Turbo as standard

IMG_0683copy.jpg

Plus Billet adaptor:

IMG_0684copy.jpg

IMG_0688copy.jpg

The difference in sound is amazing, Spool and DV sound are so so loud. It definitely feels like it pulls a lot harder, and I'm fairly sure its not just the placebo effect.

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Got myself a new toy. Take one air-vent and dismantle:

IMG_0881copy.jpg

Add a few parts and you get this:

IMG_0921copy.jpg

IMG_0919copy.jpg

IMG_0912copy.jpg

A Race Diagnostics Liquid Gauge :)

And now the view from the driver's seat is as so:

IMG_0925copy.jpg

It displays live data in gauge or graph form such as: MAF Airflow, Boost pressure, N75 position, Coolant, oil and exhaust gas temperature, Engine Torque and Power and lateral and longitudinal G force. It can plot a dyno graph using power and torque estimates from the MAF figure, chart acceleration and 0-60 times as well as read fault codes and perform Throttle body adaptation as well as looking cool as flip. :D

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Wheels are back from being sandblasted and I've started preparing them for paint.

As you can see the surface of the blasted metal is very rough:

IMG_0927copy.jpg

IMG_0947copy.jpg

Flatted and ready for a coat of etch-primer:

IMG_0945copy.jpg

IMG_0942copy.jpg

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
coming along nicely, great choice in mods so far!!! must be getting time for a map soon?

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
Those wheels will look awesome when on the car! What colour you going for? Drop it on coils too....

Thanks, They'll be going silver I expect for some OEM class ;) Coils will be along in due course, It's all about £££ though, as I've got my eyes set on a set of KWs ;)

coming along nicely, great choice in mods so far!!! must be getting time for a map soon?

Thank you. A Map is in the pipeline eventually. I just have a couple more tweaks to make and then to choose a vendor :)

Lewis234

May 24, 2011
Lovely motor, you aren't holding back on these modifications either. Keep up the work, i enjoy reading these threads :)

chrisby

great job so far, and a clean motor. im going to look at a 225 on sunday and cant wait. where abouts did you get the exhaust from as theres going to be one on my list?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members