Start stop error?

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
This morning my car started and drove fine until i stopped at a traffic light. The start/stop function kicked in and my engine turned off like normal. But soon as the lights turned green and i left go of the brake, the car didn’t turn back on. I had to shift back in the park gear and manually start the car again with the key which took a few attempts before it actually started. Just now on my way home the car struggled to start straight away and the diesel engine management error flashed on the dashboard. I went to fill my car up as i was running low on diesel and the dashboard error didn’t come up this time after i filled up?
Was just wondering if anyone knows what the problem may be?
Thanks

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
This morning my car started and drove fine until i stopped at a traffic light. The start/stop function kicked in and my engine turned off like normal. But soon as the lights turned green and i left go of the brake, the car didn’t turn back on. I had to shift back in the park gear and manually start the car again with the key which took a few attempts before it actually started. Just now on my way home the car struggled to start straight away and the diesel engine management error flashed on the dashboard. I went to fill my car up as i was running low on diesel and the dashboard error didn’t come up this time after i filled up?
Was just wondering if anyone knows what the problem may be?
Thanks
You need to perform a battery check, and make sure alternator is charging by measuring voltage when running vs when not running.
Should be running13.5-14v .
Not running12v-13v.
If charging is fine get battery tested which is more than likely the issue. Purchase new battery and code it to the vehicle. The stop start will not operate if the battery is degraded.

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
I think Adam answered your question pretty much perfectly. Issues with stop start and general weirdness are normally caused by iffy batteries on VAG based cars. I had fake error messages and other general strangeness until I fitted and coded a new AGM battery and everything's been fine since. Whatever you do, don't buy a new battery from ECP, the charge three times the price of other places for exactly the same battery!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise