Steering and engine/transmission sometimes behaving weird

Sep 13, 2020
I've now more than a few times in my MK3 Leon 5D 150HP DSG7 experienced that the car sometimes, often after having had the engine stopped but AC and radio playing (max 10 minutes), that the steering gets really heavy. More than in the sports mode. One of the times the engine/transmission also behaved weirdly. I can't describe it but it wasn't normal. After stopping the car, turning off the engine and turning it on again, it was normal again.

The car is under 1 year old and has driven under 12000 km although this behavior (the heavy steering) has sporadiclly happened from "day 1".

------------------------------------------------------
Unrelated to the main question it has also a few times downshifted hard and aggressively without real reason (not pressing gas hard, sport mode on or recent aggressive driving). I'd guess this might just be the gearbox doing it's thing sometimes, and also isn't the main question. Just wanted to hear if this is normal DSG7 behavior.

Many thanks for any help!

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Might be worth getting it plugged in at the dealers, see if any diagnostic faults have been logged.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.