Steering in cupra mode feels light

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
For some reason when the cars in cupra mode the steering doesn’t feel stiff, it feels stiffer when it’s in dynamic mode, I know my tracking is out and needs sorting and also I’ve been told my shocks are leaking, could this be the cause?

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Yes and yes. The higher the speed the worse it will get, the tracking alone makes a huge difference to handling but if your shocks are badly worn then the tyre can bounce completely off the road.

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
Yes and yes. The higher the speed the worse it will get, the tracking alone makes a huge difference to handling but if your shocks are badly worn then the tyre can bounce completely off the road.

So this could be why in cupra mode the steering feels like it does In eco? Cheers

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
I'd be surprised. The amount of castor (especially this), camber or toe change to affect steering weight that much would quickly show in tyre wear patterns. It sounds more like a mode control issue.

How are they even controlled? Electrically?

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
It has an electric rack assist with a progressive ratio. I assume the weight is controlled by the level of power assist. Easy to do on electric racks.
I don't know why it feels like it steers quicker in Cupra mode though.

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
Gonna get this booked in, the car feels awful at high speeds, the steering wheel is way too light, I darent even go round a sharp bend fast

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.