Steering wheel Cupra flag logo

Jimbobcook

Blue... Oh go on then
Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Afternoon,

Just looking at getting a few Cupra logo flags for my MK3 Leon, i'd like them in 2 places (pics from google lol)

One at the bottom of the steering wheel like this
Greenshot 2020-06-29 11.57.52.png

and the other one just above the gear stick
Greenshot 2020-06-29 11.56.59.png

I'd like them to be quite shallow so they don't stick out and look out of place...

Not sure if this is something you've done before? I think matt black for the gearstick and maybe gloss black to match the steering wheel...

Also undecided if I should colour in the flag insides blue as the car is Mystery Blue.

Size wise maybe 25mm or a little smaller so it's not a standout point

Thoughts or ideas welcome, if you'd prefer a message instead I can do that :)

Thanks in advance

Tony Thurston

Forum Sponsor
May 29, 2020
Hiya. Sorry for late reply. I don’t finish work til 10 lol. Yes these may well be doable although the small size might be difficult. I’ll mock one up and pop a picture on here. I’ll aim for a 25mm base to the flag.

will do the demo tonight all being well
Tony

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Blue... Oh go on then
Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hiya. Sorry for late reply. I don’t finish work til 10 lol. Yes these may well be doable although the small size might be difficult. I’ll mock one up and pop a picture on here. I’ll aim for a 25mm base to the flag.

will do the demo tonight all being well
Tony
No massive rush buddy, I've not even cleaned the car yet haha I assume this maybe something the newer car owners may want considering they don't come with them anymore.

I'm also debating a badge for the rear but that's yet to be decided...

Jimbobcook

Blue... Oh go on then
Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Aww this is so tiny. The edges are probably 0.3mm thick do I don’t think it’s quite doable at this size. I took a pic anyway tho lol.
Yep that's pretty small haha do you think (as you do this alot) there's a size that would work? I say this as this sort of badge could be stuck anywhere in the car.

It's so close to being spot on!

Tony Thurston

Forum Sponsor
May 29, 2020
Yep that's pretty small haha do you think (as you do this alot) there's a size that would work? I say this as this sort of badge could be stuck anywhere in the car.

It's so close to being spot on!
What’s the biggest this could be? If you give me a max size I’ll mock that up no problem at all

Jimbobcook

Blue... Oh go on then
Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I think 34mm is the absolute maximum but I'm not sure if they will stand out too much...

IMG_20200630_085909.jpg IMG_20200630_085840.jpg

Tony Thurston

Forum Sponsor
May 29, 2020
Hi. The badge I made is 30mm already so the extra 4mm won’t be enough I don’t think. Sadly on this occasion I don’t think this will be a goer. We tried though lol. All the best

Jimbobcook

Blue... Oh go on then
Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hi. The badge I made is 30mm already so the extra 4mm won’t be enough I don’t think. Sadly on this occasion I don’t think this will be a goer. We tried though lol. All the best
No worries, sorry for being that guy haha when I decide something for the rear and maybe some other bits i'll be back.

Cheers

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
@Jimbobcook Funny I thought about that myself so I've designed and 3D printed 34 mm badges in black ABS, 0.1 mm layer height. It has a 0.21 mm edge on the back for 3M 9088-200 double sided tape for mounting, tape is exactly 0.21 mm thick. I've also done some full size 70 mm badges. Haven't mounted any badges yet, I think the small flag might need to be resized to about 32.5 mm to fit inside the steering wheel.

Pictures are straight from the printer, not post processed at all. It's possible to vapour smooth them with acetone to get rid of layer lines completely, although they're pretty hard to spot as is. :)

DSC_3632.JPG
DSC_3634.JPG
DSC_3635.JPG
DSC_3636.JPG
DSC_3637.JPG

Edit: I just realised this was posted in AT Designs forum who is a sponsor, sorry about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbobcook
DPM Performance