Stock car turbo noise louder than usual

Jul 28, 2020
I’ve had my cupra for about 5/6 months, 25k on the clock when I bought it and I’ve already done 10k in it just because I enjoy driving it so much. It’s been well kept, had it serviced about 1000 miles ago but I’ve noticed when in any driving mode the turbo spool is a lot louder than usual, even so from my knowledge the car’s completely stock. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing or if my turbo’s on it’s way out.

R.Bot

Oct 30, 2019
Silly question but, if it was serviced recently and the extra noise is new, was the air filter replaced and is the airbox lid and inlet pipe secure? Is there a filter in the box even? Believe me, I've experienced some seriously shoddy routine servicing at a main dealers before now, it wouldn't surprise me.

Jul 28, 2020
The noise was there before the service my bad. I’ll have to take a look tomorrow although everything under the bonnet looks stock and. I doubt it’d be the intake it’s not loud enough or wooshy enough, it’s more like a whistle as you move up the revs. My guess is that it might have a turbo muffler delete that I didn’t know about?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.