Stop Start and Hill Hold.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Are these present on all the SE's and FR's regardless of engine size and/or gearbox?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
I believe that Stop/Start is installed on all models, engines and gearbox combinations.

And yes, Hill Hold is, as you said, standard on all SE and FR's :)

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
The stop start is really annoying with the dsg box. Anyone know how to permanently turn it off? You can press the 'A' button to temporarily disable it but it doesn't remember the setting next time you switch the ignition on.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
The stop start is really annoying with the dsg box.

You think so? I find it pretty good to be honest, its quick enough to kick back in as soon as you come off the brakes, only a few times I have found it to be a hindrance.

Could you not just put the car in sport (I get the feeling this turns it off) mode since I am guessing your not too fussed about the fuel saving aspect.

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
You think so? I find it pretty good to be honest, its quick enough to kick back in as soon as you come off the brakes, only a few times I have found it to be a hindrance.

Could you not just put the car in sport (I get the feeling this turns it off) mode since I am guessing your not too fussed about the fuel saving aspect.

Not sure about sport - I'll give it a try. This is where the manual is better, you just leave the clutch in - try some close manoeuvre parking, the bloody thing's on and off like the proverbial drawers!

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Yeah, its not an option in the drive profile unless the engine in sport deactivates it.....

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Hi , as someone said you can't permanently turn it off.
But when you come to a stop, just use light pressure on the brake pedal,it won't then cut out.
Try it, then try pushing the brake pedal hard, engine cuts out.
I find using it like that works great as if you need a fast take off you don't want even that small restart delay
Cheers

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Pretty sure it says not to do that in the manual, something about damaging/overheating the gearbox IIRC

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
Hi , as someone said you can't permanently turn it off.
But when you come to a stop, just use light pressure on the brake pedal,it won't then cut out.
Try it, then try pushing the brake pedal hard, engine cuts out.
I find using it like that works great as if you need a fast take off you don't want even that small restart delay
Cheers

Yep, I knew this and it does work. But I didn't get the 180 for fuel economy so it's just an annoyance to me.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Pretty sure it says not to do that in the manual, something about damaging/overheating the gearbox IIRC

You are correct , as with any auto box its not a good idea to hold it on the footbrake in drive for long periods, it can overheat the fluid.
But for the short period we are talking it's fine, That's how I found about it , it says it in the owners manual, I came across it looking for a way to shut the stop start off for good, but now I found you can control the system using the foot brake I find it fine to leave it on :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.