Stop/Start

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Hi there

First post here and a minor niggle to contend with. I notice that immediately after the stop/start has restarted the engine, the revs seems to take a few seconds to "pick up" and result in it being easier than normal to stall the engine. It's almost like the car doesn't register that I have the accelerator depressed at all... I'm just wondering if this is a common "problem"?

For reference, it's a 2014 Leon SC FR with the 1.4 TSI engine (140PS variant).

Thanks!

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
My 1.4 is fine. By the time I press the clutch and put the car in gear I can drive off normally. A few times at the beginning I nearly stalled a couple of times but I put it down to me not being used to a new car.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
OK, thanks for the reply. It's not impossible to pull away without stalling, it just seems like you have to pull away a little more gingerly.

Perhaps I'll just have to take it easy then! :ban:

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
It's a manual. It's not a showstopper but I notice I need more revs than if the stop-start hadn't been activated.

roger7248

Sep 28, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
Don't know for sure, but I wonder if it maybe something to do with the "choke" (in)action. that might differ between a normal "cold" start and a "stop/start" start.

TBH I've never noticed it, just always assumed if there is any bogging down its due to me and my driving skills

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members