strange gearbox/clutch behaviour

adamstreeter

Feb 10, 2010
I am driving a 2005 Seat Leon FR TDI which has been remapped, it has now done 89k miles and had a new ceramic sports clutch fitted a couple of thousand miles after the re-map at around 66k,

Recently there has been some strange behaviour with my clutch/gearbox which im not sure what is the cause, i dont believe it should be a worn clutch due to the clutches age and the fact its designed for the remapped car as opposed to the standard spec, and also it doesn't seem to slip, even under very heavy loads i.e flooring in first, going up steep hills etc and it seems the more i load it the better it reacts.

Sometimes when pulling away in first or reversing, whilst biting the clutch will creak, but it doesn't slip/judder, and continues to bite

if i load the revs up slightly whilst biting it doesn't do it, and also this resolves it if the noise begins. It also seems to get worse if i have been in a traffic jam doing alot of stop starting (like when driving through the centre of london recently)

Also occasionally it can be slightly harder to move the gearstick out of second gear, and sometimes when changing into second gear and lifting the clutch the bite seems more fierce and comes in earlier....i also find that the bit point occasionally gets lower aswell, which is a bit strange

does anyone have any suggestions what the problem could be? otherwise the car runs very well,and if i load the revs a bit on pulling away in first then it it wouldn't really seem like there is a problem at all...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

adamstreeter

Feb 10, 2010
poss slave cylinder leaking/seeping on to clutch plate
this will cause noise and the pedal to feel low

is there anywhere i can look on the outside/any levels to check to see if there is a loss of fluid? i know the slave cylinder is in the clutch housing so cant check that itself without the gearbox being cracked open.....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.