Suggested gear shift indicator not working correctly (digital dash)

Mar 27, 2021
Newcastle
Hi, hope everyone is well.

I have a 3 month old Ibiza Execellence Lux 6 speed manual which has developed an odd issue.

On the digital dash it tells you whet gear your in and suggests when you should either shift up to a higher gear or downshift to a lower gear depending on engine revs etc. for economy.

This has worked fine up until two days ago when now when you now put it in gear it is displaying the down shift immediately , i.e change from 4 to 5 , it immediately shows 5 to 4 downshift no matter what the engine revs are and this is the same in every gear, the minute you put it into gear it displays the downshift display and it never shows either the upshift display or even just the gear your in.

It’s only a minor issue and once we come out of lockdown I’ll speak with the dealer about it, but I thought I try on here to see if anyone has any ideas why it’s doing what it’s doing and any easy way to reset it without going to dealers.

Thanks in advance

Steve

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
Hi, hope everyone is well.

I have a 3 month old Ibiza Execellence Lux 6 speed manual which has developed an odd issue.

On the digital dash it tells you whet gear your in and suggests when you should either shift up to a higher gear or downshift to a lower gear depending on engine revs etc. for economy.

This has worked fine up until two days ago when now when you now put it in gear it is displaying the down shift immediately , i.e change from 4 to 5 , it immediately shows 5 to 4 downshift no matter what the engine revs are and this is the same in every gear, the minute you put it into gear it displays the downshift display and it never shows either the upshift display or even just the gear your in.

It’s only a minor issue and once we come out of lockdown I’ll speak with the dealer about it, but I thought I try on here to see if anyone has any ideas why it’s doing what it’s doing and any easy way to reset it without going to dealers.

Thanks in advance

Steve
just call your local dealer. they should offer a pick and drop service

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise