Sump Plug Size... not m14x1.5?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
So this is the second time ive bought a sump plug that is the wrong size, luckily i kept my first wrong one to compare the new one too before trying to use it.

First time i used GSF's car checker and ordered one. Was about 1mm too small, but had no dimensions on the packaging or website. reused the old one...

This time i researched the forum and found it its meant to be m14x1.5, so got a magnetic one with 10 copper washers....compare to my other spare..same size!!!

is it possible my sump has been rethreaded or is that just the wrong size?? Im going mad!

Cheers

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Could of been helicoiled, sometimes they don't come out and like you said, have to be re threaded.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It’s the only explanation then, what a pain the ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Wow finally another poor person!! I bought an m14...didn't fit it was too small, so thought I was a dope and bought an m16, was too big. So ended up keeping the one that was in. Must be an imperial size but must have been tampered with.

Purpose was changing mine to accommodate oil temp sensor...ended up having to drill and tap mine

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Wow finally another poor person!! I bought an m14...didn't fit it was too small, so thought I was a dope and bought an m16, was too big. So ended up keeping the one that was in. Must be an imperial size but must have been tampered with.

Purpose was changing mine to accommodate oil temp sensor...ended up having to drill and tap mine

Ahh so I’m not alone haha!

To be honest the threads seem absolutely fine. The washer is mangled and not sealed quite 100%. No oil loss but won’t be able to reuse it. Maybe I’ll buy some m16 copper washers and be done with it.

Nizza

May 17, 2019
I think you'll need imperial copper washers if they even exist but yeah ball ache

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
I think you'll need imperial copper washers if they even exist but yeah ball ache

Who tf taps a thread in imperial as well come on now

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Well not sure in your case but my m14 was loose and the m16 didn't fit, could have been m15 i suppose but never ever seen anything m15??!!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.