Sunroof on a Cupra

Daza

all new 2 me
Oct 12, 2010
n.ireland
Has anyone specced a cupra with a sunroof before? (car is an 08 model)
Are there any problems with them? squeaking,leaking etc
Do you loose any other features of the dual climate control when adding the sunroof

any help appreciated before i put down a deposit 2morrow morning.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I have the sunroof and its good. Nice just to tilt it open for a bit of fresh air.

It rattles a bit when tilted from the plastics guards at the side, but that's on the really crappy roads at my work. Normal roads its fine.

I do have a slight leak in my car but its at the floor area and only happens in the winter/snow/slush so I think its coming up the way into the car. Something around the bulk head I think.

Daza

all new 2 me
Oct 12, 2010
n.ireland
I have the sunroof and its good. Nice just to tilt it open for a bit of fresh air.

It rattles a bit when tilted from the plastics guards at the side, but that's on the really crappy roads at my work. Normal roads its fine.

I do have a slight leak in my car but its at the floor area and only happens in the winter/snow/slush so I think its coming up the way into the car. Something around the bulk head I think.

Thats brilliant m8 cheers;)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I have the sunroof option, it's really good and the auto closing from the key fob is cool. I had what I thought was a rattle from the sunroof but it turned out to be the alarm interior sensor that was rattling as this is different to the none sunroof version that doesn't rattle :rolleyes:

Anyway a little superglue and it doesn't rattle now.

The sunroof is a very nice option, it makes the interior much lighter even on a rainy day when you open the blind and leave the glass roof closed.

Last edited:
I had a sunroof in my FR and it was great. Couldn't specify it on the Ecomotive, apparently it would add too much weight. It has a clever slide mode where it'll open only a set amount (roughly 80%) at first, to keep wind noise down. If you press slide again it'll open fully, and introduce a gail into your car if you're travelling at speed. :lol:

I agree with Nath - the auto close with the remote is nice. I believe if you have the auto-wipers option, you can set something in vag-com so you can leave it parked with the roof and windows open and the car will close the windows and sunroof if it detects rain...

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
Has anyone specced a cupra with a sunroof before? (car is an 08 model)
Are there any problems with them? squeaking,leaking etc
Do you loose any other features of the dual climate control when adding the sunroof

any help appreciated before i put down a deposit 2morrow morning.

I had one in my K1, it was my favourite option.just check that it has been greased properly when you get it. Mine went back in twice to befitted correctly and greased.

Great roof and as others said looks cool closing

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members