super tesco

Oct 12, 2005
Tesco have recently opened a new shop near me and have now got tesco petrol stations so for the last few weeks i have been filling up with there diesel. I do the same journy everyweek at the same speed and i seem to be getting about 3/4 mpg extra since switching from shell diesel extra. I have a leon fr tdi. what do you lot think to tesco diesel?

S14A

Oct 24, 2005
South Wales
I have read that the tesco city diesel lacks the required lubricants needed for long term engine care and apparently can cause injector issues also not reccommended for performance diesels...I think I read it on UK M4's owners forums!! TDI forum....I use BP Ultimate Diesel and found my car hardly smokes at all on it! whereas when using Supermarket diesel I get a puff of smoke when flooring it!

deezal

Sep 28, 2003
Northern Ireland
Visit site
Id agree about the Ultimate . Dear, but good.
On the Citydiesel, theres been numerous threads discussing supermarket fuel ,some people use it and say its no different from any other diesel,others wouldnt touch it.

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
There are too many factors affecting MPG. Three-quarters of an MPG is totally insignificant - it's most likely to be caused by the gradual increase in the ambient temperature over the last week or two.

In my experience, on an average journey an extra 30 seconds spent stuck in a traffic jam can easily make 1 mpg difference.

Myself, I use BP Ultimate. I haven't noticed a significant improvement in MPG, and any performance increase is marginal. But there's no doubt the engine sounds a lot sweeter on it. And the smoke is less too - this is a disadvantage when you want to give the BMW behind a face-full of soot! :)

S14A

Oct 24, 2005
South Wales
dmjw01 said:
There are too many factors affecting MPG. Three-quarters of an MPG is totally insignificant - it's most likely to be caused by the gradual increase in the ambient temperature over the last week or two.

In my experience, on an average journey an extra 30 seconds spent stuck in a traffic jam can easily make 1 mpg difference.

Myself, I use BP Ultimate. I haven't noticed a significant improvement in MPG, and any performance increase is marginal. But there's no doubt the engine sounds a lot sweeter on it. And the smoke is less too - this is a disadvantage when you want to give the BMW behind a face-full of soot! :)

Agreed I have found the same results!

dwilsonfr150

I use BP Ultimate Diesel and found my car hardly smokes at all on it! whereas when using Supermarket diesel I get a puff of smoke when flooring it!

S14A

Oct 24, 2005
South Wales
dwilsonfr150 said:
I use BP Ultimate Diesel and found my car hardly smokes at all on it! whereas when using Supermarket diesel I get a puff of smoke when flooring it!

Is there a parrot on the forums?? Funnily enough thats what I said?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise