Suspension Question (Mk1 Leon)

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Advantages/Disadvantages of Shocks/Spring VS Coilovers ??

Basically what gives better handling/feel , if they were both at the same height say 40/40 what is better? or are the just the same?

im looking at either the 40/40 weitec kit or the weitec gt coilovers , now i know that if i got coilovers i would prob adjust the height for what i want(ie maybe 35/40 etc..), however if both set at the 40/40 which is actually better ??

if you know what i mean?

i dont really have a drop in my mind even if its a tiny amount i dont mind i think lcrs sit well on there suspension with 18s i would like to have the option of going upto 18 inch wheels on my leon fr without it sitting really high if that makes sence like i imagine it would on standard suspension.

ive not thought about a budget neither.

Damian @ DPM

DPM Performance
Forum Sponsor
i dont really have a drop in my mind even if its a tiny amount i dont mind i think lcrs sit well on there suspension with 18s i would like to have the option of going upto 18 inch wheels on my leon fr without it sitting really high if that makes sence like i imagine it would on standard suspension.

ive not thought about a budget neither.
Ok, what car?

Damian @ DPM Performance

MR2 super GT

I will be ordering that kit from you in a few weeks. Any idea on the labor cost to get them installed by an independent mechanic?

MR2 super GT

Just had them installed. Car sits at the perfect height for looks and practicality and ride is comfortable. Just don't think I like the initial softness of the progressive springs. Feels like the car moves too much when a give sharp steering inputs. Don't think it was like that as standard.
Are there any non progressive lowering spring kits Damian?

MR2 super GT

I can live with it for now. For the record the car handles B roads like a demon with the progressive spring rates. Got the front arm bushes powerflexed at same time. Turns out the roll bar bushes were the ones in need of the most attention

AT Designs, Custom Badge Design for forum members