Suspension talk to me

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
Hyup. Looking at changing my suspension. Ether the h&r cup set up or some coilovers. What have people got and what are they like to live with? Don't want harsh as its my daily but want the back end to feel a little stiffer and obviously lower. Also do I need 55mm or 50mm struts? Tge car is a 2011 cupra.

Cheers
Lewis

Last edited:

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
Cheers guys. The only thing is if I went springs id also match shocks as im not sure how much life is left in mine with the state of the roads around mine

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Cheers guys. The only thing is if I went springs id also match shocks as im not sure how much life is left in mine with the state of the roads around mine

If you're going for the H&R springs then you could go for the full H&R Cup kit or just match the H&R springs to something like the Bilstein B8 Dampers.

Damian @ DPM Performance

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
I've been looking at the bilstein kits, like the idea of coilovers just the comfort puts me off but if you say its not that bad I might have a look.

Seen the koni & hr kit but any good?. Are the bilstein's popular with you damian?

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
The H&R Cup kit is very similar to the Bilstein B12 kit but in my opinion I'd say the B12 kit is the best springs & shocks kit on the market.

Damian @ DPM Performance

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
Cheers. Would you also recommend the bilstein coilovers over other brands around the same price? Just undecided which way to go

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
Do you sell the springs and dampers separate for the b12 kit? So I could buy the springs now and the shocks afew months down the line?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Do you sell the springs and dampers separate for the b12 kit? So I could buy the springs now and the shocks afew months down the line?

It's your decision mate but I'd get it all done at the same time, just saves two lots of labour when stripping the front down and then getting it aligned twice

Chris232

May 7, 2015
I went through this carry on for 3 weeks and on the end I bought fk ak street coil overs, if anything yes they are stiffer but not what you'd believe I still manage to rub the arch screw and with coil overs I have the knocking everyone talks about, but Still no visible sign and there in a month, I don't know about the cupra but my fr is a lump at the front and was worried about my sump emptying itself, I have screwed the front up already and the back down, level stance, the more u think the worse it is, coil overs here around Northern Ireland would be easier sold if I didn't like them as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
Cheers for the replies guys. The labour im not to worried about as Il just bang them on at work. Just so undecided which way to go... Want the comfort of shocks and springs but preformance of coilovers lol. If roads around here weren't bad id get coilovers but potholes everywhere. But don't wana buy shocks and them want coilovers... Help :(

Last edited:

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
B12 kit is excellent - I had Eibach Sportlines on standard shocks for about 5 years and recently refreshed it all round for the B12, massive difference and just the correct ride height for me. Handling is excellent and comfort is increased massively. That may be the effect of new for 80k old shocks, but I'm happy.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.