Swapped my 300 out for..........

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
So after 2 years with my Sub 8 followed by 2 years with the 300 I decided I wanted a change and always had an itch to scratch with a 140i as I wanted that B58 for a while lol , after some hunting I managed to pick one up with pretty much the perfect spec for me with a Birds Dynamic pack including a Quaife Diff , totally different to the Cupra which are great cars but this is a nice change even though it drinks like an alcoholic lol.
20220804_205617.jpg

Mr Mustard

Jan 24, 2015
South East
Drinking like a fish must be down to how much you're enjoying it! I have a 340i st1 engine map & st3 gearbox map and can achieve 45mpg on a motorway journey whilst driving like my nan is on board.
BTW, babybmw is a great forum.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
So after 2 years with my Sub 8 followed by 2 years with the 300 I decided I wanted a change and always had an itch to scratch with a 140i as I wanted that B58 for a while lol , after some hunting I managed to pick one up with pretty much the perfect spec for me with a Birds Dynamic pack including a Quaife Diff , totally different to the Cupra which are great cars but this is a nice change even though it drinks like an alcoholic lol.
View attachment 33111
I'm trying to scratch the the same itch! Looking at a lightly used 340i. The straight 6 definitely needs a good scratch...

How are you finding it? Are you taking it a little slower into wet corners

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

Mr Mustard

Jan 24, 2015
South East
How dare you haha this one is better though right ;)
This is a great forum, the FR 2.0tsi is Mrs Mustards car but I spend as much time on here as on the F30 or babybmw forums.

Also, even the humble FR is a more agile and hot-hatchish feeling car than the 340i or m235i (which I owned previously).
It's only the engine that makes the beemers. The Cupra must be a hoot.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
I'm trying to scratch the the same itch! Looking at a lightly used 340i. The straight 6 definitely needs a good scratch...

How are you finding it? Are you taking it a little slower into wet corners

Not had much rain yet but getting myself prepared lol.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Not had much rain yet but getting myself prepared lol.
Got myself a new 340i estate, it's seems to be the natural upgrade from fast Seats! I had to scratch the straight six itch! I've only had it for 2 months and it's been back in the dealer twice!

Had a M135i as a courtesy car and that was a revolution in hot hatch terms! I really kicked the ass out of it and makes the Cupra a little weak 😭 4wd makes the difference.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Got myself a new 340i estate, it's seems to be the natural upgrade from fast Seats! I had to scratch the straight six itch! I've only had it for 2 months and it's been back in the dealer twice!

Had a M135i as a courtesy car and that was a revolution in hot hatch terms! I really kicked the ass out of it and makes the Cupra a little weak 😭 4wd makes the difference.
Hi and yes still have it at the moment but might be changing soon Purley down the the missis and her job , I ended up going Stage2 running around 450bhp and its bonkers lol

Reactions: Peller

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Hi and yes still have it at the moment but might be changing soon Purley down the the missis and her job , I ended up going Stage2 running around 450bhp and its bonkers lol
My car is standard 375hp, definitely feels like more. The straight 6 linear power is so smooth! I've never launched mine yet but apparently it'll do sub 4 second! Who would pay £80k+ for an ugly nose M car!

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
My car is standard 375hp, definitely feels like more. The straight 6 linear power is so smooth! I've never launched mine yet but apparently it'll do sub 4 second! Who would pay £80k+ for an ugly nose M car!

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Mental! I find my 340i stupidly fast when needed It's a shame that the xdrive ruins the party at times! These BMW's are definitely pushing out more power than advertised.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise