Tail light circuit board

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
Has anyone bought a circuit board directly from seat before? I need it for my rear tail light / brake light as it stops working after replacing the bulb.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
The boards are normally part of the light unit and not sold separately.

Please provide some more details, i.e. pre-face lift, face lift, 3/5 dr or ST Estate, LED or non-LED, RHD or LHD, Nearside or Offside, Outer or Inner unit (on hatch lid or rear wing fitment).

A decent vehicle electrician may be able to provide a continuity check and/or repair tracks/wires/connections. However, also need to establish root cause of failure - water ingress, vibration etc.

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
It’s a Seat Leon 2014 1.6 tdi 5door hatchback.
The bulb not working is the driver side tail / brake light (attached image)
The mechanic who changed the bulb twice in the past week said the last time he changed the bulb it looked like it could be water damaged. I tried calling Seat in bradford this morning but their parts department is closed and will try again tommorrow

Attachments

• ADE6CFF1-56ED-4DAE-9339-5093CB8A6D6D.jpeg
    ADE6CFF1-56ED-4DAE-9339-5093CB8A6D6D.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 161

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
Would it be worth checking the fuse? Or checking if the bulb socket is clean? Although im sure the garage probably checked that

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Links to the lights part numbers are here:

It looks like the bulb carriers have a separate part number, so can be ordered; however, if water ingress is the issue, then the foam seal has perished or if overtightened during fitment the lens unit can crack allowing water in.

In addition to my previous response, I think that FR and Cupra versions have a slight tint on the red tail light units too, which is why there are a number of different tail light variants in EKTA. If you are going to order the part, then probably best to obtain via dealer or TPS so that they can order via the chassis number or registration number.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
From memory, in the early days of Leon MK3, quite a few people had to have their rear lights replaced under warranty, I think some of this is due to the "pleasing" designs that SEAT use for their light clusters, they look good, are badly made by their lights supplier - and leave the owner, or second owner with a mess to tidy up. It is not only Leon MK3, the same age Ibizas had the same problem, I resealed the rear lights on my daughter's late 2009 Ibiza SC, the covers were separating from the "body" of the light cluster. Buying a new PCB/back/bulb holder will work but only for a few years if the cluster is leaking and the contact strips/spring contacts are just lightly galvanised steel - extremely cheaply made, but probably cost quite a bit.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.