Tdi Toledo Starting problems

159chrisymc

Dec 24, 2015
definitely good day for once,am due one with his car lol at them revs with the vains have moved the other way? am going to adjust the treads on the actuator just to make sure it is closing full

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
Don't adjust the actuator length unless you know it's been messed with before. They're calibrated from factory.

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
Leave it for a few days and see is there any difference or have a google and see if you can find what length the actuator should be. If you can't find out I'll measure the one on my car.

159chrisymc

Dec 24, 2015
I got in contact with the previous owner an he was said that the car always drove with a lack of power at low rpm !!!

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
Standard map up until 2000rpm they're dead and between 2000-2500 it pulls. They're as dead as a maggot again after 2500.

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
Well I'm just going off my own as an example when it was 110. I did put a lot of time into mine cleaning out the intake manifold, egr delete, cleaning oil from the intercooler, new vac lines and turbo clean. It was also was decatted when I bought it and has full service history from new so I'd say mine would have been slightly quicker than your average 110. I never found it slow but it wouldn't light your world on fire. They're completely transformed with a remap, I'd never put it back to standard.

159chrisymc

Dec 24, 2015
Yea I no that there no power house at 110 bhp but I'd say mys is about 80 bhp at the min lol I have all them things Done that u said bar cleaning the manifold an decat but that shouldn't stop low down boost, I've phoned a couple of men with vag but can't look at the car for a few weeks :(

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
Might need to smoke test the boost piping to see if there's any boost leaks.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.