Technology Pack worth it?

Oliverr

Oct 27, 2014
Coming from a Audi A3 with bixenon lights, the LED ones are as good if not better, especially on full beam

The DAB radio and satnav work a charm too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garreth64

Oct 24, 2014
I test drove a Cupra last week, and was talking to the salesman about the LED lights.

He mentioned about the free Tech pack on other models, and said that as it is so popular any cars without them are pretty much unsellable at the moment, so will definitely help when you come to sell it.

lethalMango

Sep 23, 2014
He mentioned about the free Tech pack on other models, and said that as it is so popular any cars without them are pretty much unsellable at the moment, so will definitely help when you come to sell it.

I can reiterate that, when I bought mine (3 months old), there was a 14 plate with tech pack, and a 14 without. The dealer hadn't had any enquiries about the one without and it was still there 3 weeks later when I actually picked mine up.

Tech pack is definitely the way to go

Rokerlad

Sep 25, 2004
East of Eden
Couldn't live without DAB radio in my car now. BBC 6 Music ...Huey Morgan show on a Saturday morning when I'm having a bit of fun in the Cupra ..the perfect soundtrack !

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
Tech pack is definitely the way to go

If it's included in the price it isn't really a choice is it? It's effectively a non optional extra.

The guys that don't have it seem to be fleet cars and they don't have the problem of resale values.

If you were buying a used car then yes, you would assume it would be at least a grand cheaper - possibly more.

As I said in an earlier post, it's not a free option in Spain and virtually nobody has it apart from the upgraded display and Nav. DAB radio does not exist in Spain..

Last edited:

Gar2015

Jan 13, 2015
Technological dilema!

I would like to buy a new Seat Leon ST in Fr spec and am interested in the Tech pack offer.

Problem is I cannot look to buy prior to September 2015 at the very earliest, due to financial ties.

As I understand, the free teck pack offer expires on March 31st, this leaves me facing the prospect of missing out on this superb offer by a few months. :(

I'm hoping that this 'expiry date' is a marketing ploy by Seat to lure new customers to part with their money sooner, and that a new free tech pack deal will be offered a few months later.

I may be completely wrong and if so I shall feel a bit sick about it. :cry:

Any thoughts on this please?

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
The free tech pack offer is always being extended, I can't see the offer ever ending imo.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Been on since July 2013 if I remember correctly.

Prior to this it was a £500 package option which was announced soon after launch.

NBSmith78

Sep 20, 2004
Cambridge
The free tech pack offer is always being extended, I can't see the offer ever ending imo.
Agreed, I'd be very surprised if they stopped this offer. I'm probably over thinking this but I wonder if Seat are also offering this promotion to simplify things on the production line. No need for the extra complexity of supplying RHD halogen light units.

Sep 21, 2014
Agreed, I'd be very surprised if they stopped this offer. I'm probably over thinking this but I wonder if Seat are also offering this promotion to simplify things on the production line. No need for the extra complexity of supplying RHD halogen light units.

I was thinking along the same lines. Also it's been running for so long now- if I went to buy one and they stopped the offer I probably would look elseware (if some guy who did the deal a few days ago got it for free when I would have to pay £1k!)

-----

LED lights and Sat Nav are my favourite bits. Don't use the Sat Nav often but when I do it's great as there are no wires and I don't have to risk it falling off the windscreen as i'm going round a roundabout! (My old sat nav was notorious for this)

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
No tech pack on mine as its an ex rental car...im not really bothered about not having the nav/dab but it would be nice to have LED headlamps...

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain

I doubt it is a production issue. In Spain, which is the largest market, you rarely see the LED lights as they are not part of the standard offer and are a very expensive option.

Gar2015

Jan 13, 2015
Sound pack

To answer your question andrewpain, I think I will spec a Seat sound pack as I've heard good things about it.

I also wanted a Protection pack but was told by a carwow dealer that Seat no longer offer this pack on the Leon ST. :(
The rear bumper protection strip was the main thing I wanted from this pack because I have a dog that jumps in and out of boot. I've been told that on its own is £99 dealer fitted.

Is the convenience pack worth it guys?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
No tech pack on mine as its an ex rental car...im not really bothered about not having the nav/dab but it would be nice to have LED headlamps...

I think this may be the main reason for having the Tech Pack

People assuming that any car without it was a company car or a rental fleet car and may avoid it.

Leegaryhall

Jan 10, 2015
Me thinks that's any Leon without Tech pack now days will be externally hard to sell on in the future.
Whether or not you want/need the added features, most people will and this will only reduce cars value in the future.
Let's be honest, if you was a dealer and knew that you would maybe struggle to sell on a non tech pack car, would you be willing to pay top dollar for it? Think not.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.