Test Drive

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Ok so have got a vz2 310 for 2 hours on Friday this week ,any pointers for me to look at that you experienced owners have since spotted and you either like or dislike.
i have got one on order for early oct .

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Ok so have got a vz2 310 for 2 hours on Friday this week ,any pointers for me to look at that you experienced owners have since spotted and you either like or dislike.
i have got one on order for early oct .
Test out the driving aids to see if you can live with them, lane assist is a bit too sensitive and needs to be switched off each time. Otherwise, enjoy the performance (all depends on what you're used to driving) and try out comfort and Cupra modes to see the range of drivings styles. Given infotainment issues experienced by others, just check responsiveness of the touchscreen, hopefully you don't notice issues which means they may be getting this sorted with later cars.

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Test out the driving aids to see if you can live with them, lane assist is a bit too sensitive and needs to be switched off each time. Otherwise, enjoy the performance (all depends on what you're used to driving) and try out comfort and Cupra modes to see the range of drivings styles. Given infotainment issues experienced by others, just check responsiveness of the touchscreen, hopefully you don't notice issues which means they may be getting this sorted with later cars.
Yes thanks for the tips. i had a mk7 golf r a few years back the the auto cruise or whatever it was called was a PITA i stopped using it bloody dangerous !!
my last car just sold was a M240i running 426bhp and 601nm on the dyno so it was very quick made my golf R feel slow lol. ok it has 2 more cylinders and more cc.but yes the B58 engine is a beasty.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Honestly I run my car with lane assist on. I drive in the city so usually I don't cut across the lanes without indicating.

If you are on your own, launch the car. If you have the dealer with it, ask him if you can do it :). Try driving in Comfort/Drive - it's sluggish. I usually drive with gearbox in S and a sporty mode but not sure if it is for everyone.

Maybe try adaptive cruise control - not everyones cup of tea. I see you have some experience.

Given that you owned a Golf R and M240i I'm sure you already know what to try out. Nothing really stands out for me.

Reactions: ninja_geezer

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Honestly I run my car with lane assist on. I drive in the city so usually I don't cut across the lanes without indicating.

If you are on your own, launch the car. If you have the dealer with it, ask him if you can do it :). Try driving in Comfort/Drive - it's sluggish. I usually drive with gearbox in S and a sporty mode but not sure if it is for everyone.

Maybe try adaptive cruise control - not everyones cup of tea. I see you have some experience.

Given that you owned a Golf R and M240i I'm sure you already know what to try out. Nothing really stands out for me.
My lane assist doesn't like narrow lanes (motorway roadworks and the like) and it seems to be fooled by random tar infill lines (seams and crack repairs) or painted over 'old' lines), which it seems to think are white lane markings from time to time.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
My lane assist doesn't like narrow lanes (motorway roadworks and the like) and it seems to be fooled by random tar infill lines (seams and crack repairs) or painted over 'old' lines), which it seems to think are white lane markings from time to time.
It happens to me sometimes, but usually it doesn't bother me a lot. First time I went over a line without indicating it surprised me. Usually I indicate so it's not a big problem for me, but now knowing what the car can do it doesn't surprise me.

Your mileage may vary :).

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
can you disable this semi permanent so like i did with my golf r the first thing to go was the stop start .

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
can you disable this semi permanent so like i did with my golf r the first thing to go was the stop start .
Don't think you can disable it permanently. Some people put shortcuts on the infotainment so they can turn it off quickly, but it resets to default when starting the car.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
You can't disable permanently: start/stop, front assist, lane assist and emergency SOS. They are all coming back at every start.

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
I have the 310ps VZ2 next Friday for a few hours too. Let us know how you get on, I decided not to proceed with an order but I feel as though I might miss out if I don't do it this week!

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
ok so finally had a test drive ,it was a VZ edition 6k miles on it .
i had it for just over 2 hours did mixed driving inc country lanes town and dual carriageways .
so these are my personal thoughts ,nice place to sit inside lovely seats high quality leather,a couple of creaks rattles somewhere on the passenger front side i could not see anything obvious.the infotainment system is a bit of mixed up mess coming from BMW idrive, i suppose you get used to it .i tried the lane assist it worked well and the ACC as well seemed better than i had on a 66 plate golf R i guess the software has improved.
engine felt a fit tame considering its got over 300bhp but then ive had 426 for the last 2.5 years and over 600nm in a bit lighter car (needs a map or a chip to wake it up) not to sure on the weight difference it seems very hard to get the correct weights for cars depending where you look.as for the handling that really surprised me to how nimble it was on my favorite twisty bits.the DCC was very good going from comfort to cupra ect you could really feel it.the brembos stopping power was immense better than the Brembo's on my BMW,but are they worth well over £2k extra ??? i cannot answer that one as i have nothing to compare.
oh and did a few launches as you do :p best i got was 4.64 the worst was 4.66 all verified as well with the dragy box. i think it would benifit from a pedal box also take away some of that numb pedal feel without having to use sport, cupra all the time in town.
so the wait begins still told very early october ATM.
arh one last thing how on earth do open the tailgate with your foot even the sales guy could not do it and said something about it may need configuring in the settings ??

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
ok so finally had a test drive ,it was a VZ edition 6k miles on it .
i had it for just over 2 hours did mixed driving inc country lanes town and dual carriageways .
so these are my personal thoughts ,nice place to sit inside lovely seats high quality leather,a couple of creaks rattles somewhere on the passenger front side i could not see anything obvious.the infotainment system is a bit of mixed up mess coming from BMW idrive, i suppose you get used to it .i tried the lane assist it worked well and the ACC as well seemed better than i had on a 66 plate golf R i guess the software has improved.
engine felt a fit tame considering its got over 300bhp but then ive had 426 for the last 2.5 years and over 600nm in a bit lighter car (needs a map or a chip to wake it up) not to sure on the weight difference it seems very hard to get the correct weights for cars depending where you look.as for the handling that really surprised me to how nimble it was on my favorite twisty bits.the DCC was very good going from comfort to cupra ect you could really feel it.the brembos stopping power was immense better than the Brembo's on my BMW,but are they worth well over £2k extra ??? i cannot answer that one as i have nothing to compare.
oh and did a few launches as you do :p best i got was 4.64 the worst was 4.66 all verified as well with the dragy box. i think it would benifit from a pedal box also take away some of that numb pedal feel without having to use sport, cupra all the time in town.
so the wait begins still told very early october ATM.
arh one last thing how on earth do open the tailgate with your foot even the sales guy could not do it and said something about it may need configuring in the settings ??
Ahh the "foot" move. Stand very close with knee nearly touching the bumper, move foot forward under the car and back (not to fast). If it wont open don't be to quick as it need a second or two to think about it. Yes you can have it activated in settings.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I challenge anyone to get the foot gesture to work every time, first time...
Has worked everytime with me apart from when I inadvertedly disabled my keyless entry. At first I was conscious about putting my leg mid to left of the cupra badge but I have discovered it senses your foot pretty much along the whole length of the reg plate 👍

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.