Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Overview

The unconventional challenger brand takes the next step in its all-electric journey with the unveiling of the CUPRA Tavascan. The first hero in a new era for the brand, the CUPRA Tavascan is not only its first all-electric SUV coupé, but also the impulse for its new design language, one that will feature on future electrified cars in the CUPRA line-up.

CUPRA Tavascan joins CUPRA Born and six plug-in hybrid variants: CUPRA Leon, CUPRA Leon Estate and CUPRA Formentor, each available with two plug-in hybrid variants. CUPRA Tavascan will come to market in 2024, quickly followed by CUPRA Terramar in the same year, and CUPRA UrbanRebel – the brand’s urban electric car – in 2025.

[url="https://www.seatcupra.net/2023/04/22/the-cupra-tavascan-suv-with-up-to-340ps-full-details/"]Continue reading...

Last edited:

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Sounds very promising in deed, and it seems they have listened to the customer and illuminated the bar controlling the heater etc, won’t be cheap though.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Big fancy dual power motor that's still a second slower to 60 than my lovely petrol stock SEAT estate and I'm sure it will be double the price. I'm not quite getting how they're pricing these new battery cars if they want people to switch over.

Looks great though on the plus side, @Syphon thats pretty much a review right there, they've given you loads of info! So when you get it you can just take it to santa pod right? lol

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
No ICE 😢
21"s 😳
Looks V 😎
RWD option 🤘
2 motor + 2 batteries = 1 Heavy Mutha
V high bootlid - rear visibility? 🙈

I like it lots, just not in the market for Scalextrics just yet... 🙂👍

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Syphon, that must have taken you ages to type up - thanks for the excellent item 😎🤘👍

Tell

Staff member
I'm sure you have all stumbled on this video:

They sorted out the buttons now for changing the temperature. Wonder which mib generation this is. Mib3.5, Mib 4 ?. Mib 3.1 ?. You would not be expecting Mib4 till 2024/5. Probably that is the next generation Mib4 brought forward ?.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Wow geography teacher elbow pads haven't seen those since the early 80's 🤓
Must be a VW Group thing; a bit like Wayne and his 'funky' jacket:
Wayne.jpg

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Looks nice however thats infotainment screen. Why does anybody need it to be that big 🤔

Surely distracting

Tell

Staff member
Possibly the small icons :unsure:. Probably since they can make screen big now you get them big. Probably the distance ergonomics from the seat to the screen dictates a larger screen for readability. Might have come up in the design cycle from the original mib3 and the cars controls going onto the screen.

Tell

Staff member
It's actually 3/4" lower than the Ateca. Think I'll withdraw my SUV statement that it isn't. Cupra calls it a Coupe and SUV.

Useful website on car size.

Screenshot_20231209-103146.png

More broad than the Ateca and Tarraco, the mid and next generation up Vag SUVs. 258mm longer than an Ateca, 91mm shorter than an Tarraco.

Tavascan longer than an ID5, same 3/4" height reduction. Tiguan 2024 keeps the same Ateca height. So the question is what are the seats like. Will have to put my hand up to sit in one.

Screenshot_20231209-104251.png

So it's a 4 door Coupe, fixed roof check (panoramic). Fixed roof check. 2 doors unchecked SUV. Coupe like. Slipped two rear doors in.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.