The New SEAT Leon is So Much Better Than VW Golf 2020

May 9, 2020
The new SEAT Leon is so much better than the new 2020 Volkswagen Golf. It drives much more sporty even with the same engine... wonder how SEAT is doing that!

Here is a new test drive of the ALL NEW SEAT Leon 2020/ 2021

Reactions: Syphon

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
It is about the feelling you get have after when you are driving. I had the Golf 7 for almost 7 years so I can tell you I didn t even wanted to go and test the Golf just because it is pury ugly the 8 plus no sportiness and I want that. And all toghether, matter of personal taste, Leon looks much better, even if the materials are not so snob :) looking. Simple car for simple guy who just wants to drive and feel enthusiastic behind the wheel. Golf is uffering alot on that chapter, specially the 8.

Reactions: Woody_72

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Golf will be nicer place to be. SEAT is cheap and tacky on the inside.
Based on some of the comments of forum members over on golfgtiforum.co.uk who’ve actually sat in a mk8 Golf, the interior is a downgrade compared to the mk7 / mk7.5, and the dashboard and buttonless ‘switchgear’ are very similar.

That being so, there’s probably not a massive difference between the interior quality of the Leon and the Golf

loyalbear1872

May 2, 2018
Based on some of the comments of forum members over on golfgtiforum.co.uk who’ve actually sat in a mk8 Golf, the interior is a downgrade compared to the mk7 / mk7.5, and the dashboard and buttonless ‘switchgear’ are very similar.

That being so, there’s probably not a massive difference between the interior quality of the Leon and the Golf
Out of the 4 new VAG cars, Leon, Golf,A3, Octavia.....Octavia has the best interior IMO :)

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
Have to disagree about the Octavia... because for me it is either Octavia vs Leon and I test drove both... but by far far Leon won and very easy. Octavia is strange, on every review I saw online I said this is great and in live I was disappointed but with the Leon was exactly the oposite... youtube so so and live WOW. Anyway don't get me wrong I think both are very well thought through and new fresh... just that, for me at least, Leon has more personality, more I have to have this car now :). I don't want get out of it, with the Octavia I was ok after the test but somehow I was convincing myself to buy it. And sound insulation far better, again in my opinion, on the Leon. (both with 18 rims and with Bridgestone tire).And another thing, which counts for me...music/speakers... Octavia had the Canton and when I wanted to listen (no setting no nothing just pushed it and want to see how it sounds)... I really thought that something is broken, and after even tried to set it up but still really bad. But the normal system in Lean (the one with 7 speakers but not the Beats)... OMG it sounded perfectly for the average needs, so another plus for the Leon. And of course I don;t want to start about how Octavia is driven and how Leon is driven, both with DCC. Leon won by far :).

Audi is nice, but it is in a different price league... so I don't compare apples with other fruits :). Still I think Leon is nicer than Audi inside (but not the quality of the materials) of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: loyalbear1872