478 KB · Views: 246
  • 78229E15-41C9-44E1-A087-40CE45CCAB0C.jpeg
    78229E15-41C9-44E1-A087-40CE45CCAB0C.jpeg
    418.4 KB · Views: 244

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
When visit lakes usually go up coastal way after bowness Windermere etc via barrow. Lovely place of the world got a couple of friends in cockermouth ha
West Coast is a vastly underrated area of Cumbria, I live in Dalton-In-Furness and it’s a run I like to do every now and then, less crowded than the usual Lakes routes

BigShep

Dec 2, 2021
Morning chaps. Been a while. I’ve put a couple of thousand miles on my VZ2 310 now. Honestly, I was worried given the many gremlins I’d read about here, and there are a couple, but overall the car is outstanding. Lane assist, ACC and lack of backlighting for temp controls are as irritating as everyone says. I also find that first thing, the front assist sometimes doesn’t play nicely and I get a warning. Perhaps the cameras or sensors don’t like condensation. But overall it’s a winner.

Back on topic - should the reading lights be coming on front and back when I first unlock the car, open the doors or turn off the engine? The ambient lighting is great but doesn’t really sufficiently illuminate things when you are getting in or out. I don’t want to permanently increase the AL brightness to compensate.

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Morning chaps. Been a while. I’ve put a couple of thousand miles on my VZ2 310 now. Honestly, I was worried given the many gremlins I’d read about here, and there are a couple, but overall the car is outstanding. Lane assist, ACC and lack of backlighting for temp controls are as irritating as everyone says. I also find that first thing, the front assist sometimes doesn’t play nicely and I get a warning. Perhaps the cameras or sensors don’t like condensation. But overall it’s a winner.

Back on topic - should the reading lights be coming on front and back when I first unlock the car, open the doors or turn off the engine? The ambient lighting is great but doesn’t really sufficiently illuminate things when you are getting in or out. I don’t want to permanently increase the AL brightness to compensate.
There is a setting which will bring on the reading lights when the car door opens, check the manual, it may even be a switch setting on the rear view mirror console? Re the sensors not being available first thing, if you check under the front grille, there's a 'square' sensor set in to the black plastic around 3" square. Give it a wipe to get rid of overnight dew/condensation before you get in and that should help?

Reactions: BigShep

There's a known software bug on some cars that prevents the interior lights from working correctly. I can't remember the exact issue/conditions but I'll check the TPIs

Going from the other issues you've mentioned, when was your car last at the dealer for updates

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
There is a setting which will bring on the reading lights when the car door opens, check the manual, it may even be a switch setting on the rear view mirror console? Re the sensors not being available first thing, if you check under the front grille, there's a 'square' sensor set in to the black plastic around 3" square. Give it a wipe to get rid of overnight dew/condensation before you get in and that should help?
Just been in mine and the attached photo shows the button, second left, should illuminate yellow if selected, it holds the interior lights off when the doors are open. If this is working, you have one of the (many, mainly minor and irritating) software bugs
20221119_101618.jpg