Thinking of changing the cupra ??

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
So, after 5 years of cupra ownership, I'm thinking of my next car.

I got a 280 in 2015 and had that for 3 and a half years, now had my 300 for 2 years. Still love it to this day, I would like to keep with my cupra phase, but I'm not convinced about the MK4, for me it should be 350hp 4WD hybrid or not ( hybrid but doesn't bother me )

I now have a little Toyota yaris as a work car, so now only use my cupra on weekends and no longer doing 50 miles a day in it, so don't need the replacement to be brand new or even that practicle. I'm thinking of a 370Z nismo, around 2/3 years old, I like the idea of normally aspirated and manual after 5 years of turbo DSG. Does anyone have experience with the 370Z or possibly another similar suggestion ? What are peoples thoughts ?

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Used to work at nissan and i absolutely love the 370z esp the nismo one! I took one round silverstone too, sooo much fun! I would love one but i need tge practicality lol

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
Ah well that's a good start haha.

Havnt driven one yet, so looking forward to it !

I'm guessing it's gonna feel a bit heavier and less responsive steering/handling wise ?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Once you’ve gone turbo it’s so hard to go back to Na. The surge and torque are addictive. And it takes slot of getting used to at first pulling out of junctions and especially overtaking I’m roads having to be higher in the Rev range in a Na. The 370z should have enough power to keep you happy tho. But have you ever thought about having your one remapped and keep it till a another car takes your fancy?

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
Know what your saying about turbo, 50mph on the motorway and leaving it in 6th, 1/4 throttle and your off.

But I don't drive it every day now, and I am capable of dropping a gear or two manually still haha. Luckily working in the motor trade you don't forget these things with all the cars I drive.

Yeah have though about a remap for 5 years, still havnt done it. I just fancy a car that isn't a 4 pot now, even if it is a bit slower.

Problem is, I can't think of another car that sort of style at that age I can afford

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Easiest is to test drive one. If i didnt need the practicality, i would 100% have a 370z nismo myself. U can always get a supercharger kit for it

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members