THS FR3 top engine mounts

Darron1823

Oct 27, 2009
Edinburgh
m.facebook.com
Hey guys wondering where I can buy these? My engine mounts are shot and need to get them soon. I found them for £160 but the website won't let me register to order them which is crap.

Any info would be appreciated :)

Darron

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
THS FR3 engine mounts will make your car vibrate like hell, i had them fitted to my PD170

they are now on my LCR even on petrol they vibrate

so if you like your comforts don't get them lol

Darron1823

Oct 27, 2009
Edinburgh
m.facebook.com
THS FR3 engine mounts will make your car vibrate like hell, i had them fitted to my PD170

they are now on my LCR even on petrol they vibrate

so if you like your comforts don't get them lol

Just don't want to fit standards and they pack in again in like 10-20,000 miles. The dog bone has added a lot of vibration but just got to live with it.

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Am getting a knock over bumps, somtimes changing gear mainly changing to 4th 5th nd 6th then accelaring and when coming off the accelarator if that makes sense. Could that be engine mounts?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Just don't want to fit standards and they pack in again in like 10-20,000 miles. The dog bone has added a lot of vibration but just got to live with it.

What dog bone mount have you gone for standard or uprated?

or an insert?

Darron1823

Oct 27, 2009
Edinburgh
m.facebook.com
Am getting a knock over bumps, somtimes changing gear mainly changing to 4th 5th nd 6th then accelaring and when coming off the accelarator if that makes sense. Could that be engine mounts?

Possibly too much engine movement. The standard engine mounts are guff!!

What dog bone mount have you gone for standard or uprated?
or an insert?

Polybush but not sure which 1 possibly powerflex?!

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Sounds like an insert then

If i was you i would remove it fully and buy the THS FR3 dogbone mount aswell then

Dude

1st UK MK2 LCR on here
Dec 10, 2009
Andy, I’ve not had mine fitted yet (I know, I’m crap) I thought the vibration was not that bad?

Darron1823

Oct 27, 2009
Edinburgh
m.facebook.com
Just checked and I'm running a THS FR3 dog bone, had completely forgot I fitted it. Makes the car very juddery on clutch bite but I can't fully judge until I get the rest of my mounts done. If anyone has any second hand give me a shout :)

mccracd

Sep 3, 2011
Belfast, n.ireland
hi gents, i have a wee knocking noise under engine braking, have been putting up with it for a while but its sounding worse by the day! whats the verdict on the THSFR3-MK5CMP mounts? is the vibration from the engine really that bad? Someone here has mentioned the vibrations are bad on their TDI but mines a mk2 facelift cupra and its low mileage so i wouldnt expect any vibration issues.

And has anyone gone for the complete system including torque mount and gearbox mount or just the engine mounts only?

mccracd

Sep 3, 2011
Belfast, n.ireland
Got THS upper and the Revo lower insert installed last night. Initial impression is very good vibrations hardly noticeable, excellent wee mod'

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.