THS FR3 top engine mounts

mccracd

Sep 3, 2011
Belfast, n.ireland
yeah my tuning people told me exactly that, vibrations are only noticeable at anout 1000rpm and are very minor. They re-torqued the subframe bolts while they were at it, no noticeable movement or wear at all but while its on the ramp you might as well check it. Very happy to finally see the underside and confirm that the car is in absolutely perfect condition!

definitely a mod worth doing if you have stage 1 or more

mccracd

Sep 3, 2011
Belfast, n.ireland
reduces axle tramp/wheel hop. I did the mod mainly because mine were making a slight knocking noise and i knew that if i replaced them with the standard mounts i'd be doing all that work again within a few months

edit: if you have a diesel dont do this mod it will shake itself apart!

Last edited:

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
Just fitted some BSH mounts, Gearbox, Lower mount plus Engine Mount.
Vibrates like crazy. will it go away ? I am thinking on changing the Engine mount back to the stock mount and keep the gearbox and torque mounts BSH, what do you guys think ?

Car: Seat Leon FR 2.0TFSI 2008

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
thats not technically true. it wont go away no but you wont notice it in a few days stick with it trust me.

ok thanks for the info, because some people on the forum did say though that it will get less after some miles.

I also thought that maybe if I keep the BSH mount of the gearbox and the torque mount, and just get a brand new OEM engine mount, it might be less.

I am even hearing sounds from the clutch when the car is in neutral. But when i press the clutch in, the knocking sound goes away. (I thought it was the gearbox mount at first)
Im thinking its the slave master cylinder, or maybe i need to change my timing belt kit which i have not yet, and the car has just reached about 100.000 km

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
its the one in the subframe that makes the vobration really. and thats the one everyone really needs

the sound from gear box is normal its the DMF and they rattle on a new car. also notice transmission whine espeically 1st and 2nd.

you will stop noticing it eventually. i drove about 5 mile on mine and wanted them removed but about a week later i stopped noticing the rattles etc

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
its the one in the subframe that makes the vobration really. and thats the one everyone really needs

the sound from gear box is normal its the DMF and they rattle on a new car. also notice transmission whine espeically 1st and 2nd.

you will stop noticing it eventually. i drove about 5 mile on mine and wanted them removed but about a week later i stopped noticing the rattles etc

ok great, because I have the car for about 7 months, and I did notice the knocking rattle sometimes, it did it mostly when i drove really fast and stopped and had the car in neutral, it seemed to get worse over time, maybe its just me though. my car is 2008.
thanks for your input on it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.