Tilting Side Mirror Problem

weatherlight

Hello,

The first week I purchased the car I thought that the right view mirror would not elevate back to original position. Since I was on vacation, I didnt have time for controlled experiments. Last week I had my eye on it while I was manuevering in the parking lot, every now and then the mirror elevates back up to a lower position. I disabled the setting and contacted the dealer. They said they were aware of it and some A3 s had the same problem. Anyone else having the same problem?

slo007

Jun 15, 2013
Aberdeen, Scotland
I suspect the car has to be above 15 mph to return to original position, like in the Golf VI. In a parking lot, this may not happen until you've left the area.

Nganasan

Feb 28, 2013
Estonia
I have also noticed it. Mirror returns to upper position after speed goes up, but mirror position is slightly lower comparing to what it was before. So when I have used this function, I usually have to adjust right mirror little bit upwards after maneuver.

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
When I was test-driving the Leon SC last week, I noticed the right mirror (it's a left-hand car) was lowered too much compared to the left one. This could be because some of the previous drivers has lowered it but may also confirm there's a bug in its park tilting function.

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
Mine has the same fault. It should reposition itself to where it was prior to dipping when either you travel forward above 10mph or when the ignition is turned off.

I mentioned it to my dealer when he called with the 'Two day how's it going question', he said I could take it straight in for them to look at but I declined saying I'll get it looked at on first service with the hope there is a software fix available by then.

After 6.5k miles I'm used to readjusting after every reverse...it's become as natural as selecting first gear!

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

weatherlight

I cancelled the auto tilt function from car menu. Dealer told me to hang tight that they are waiting for a fix as well.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Sorry to hi-jack this. Quick question. Are the exterior mirrors anti-dazzle? The manual implies thats the case.

LeonSC

Folks - have a look at the brochure here: https:// s3.amazonaws.com/ uk.seat.btd/ brochures /New_Leon_Brochure_2013.pdf?trid=SC

It looks like the "Passenger door mirror with kerb function when reversing" has been dropped from the "Exterior Equipment" section of the spec. It's in the brochure I have that the dealer gave me.

Interesting that when I test drove the FR demonstrator that I then ordered, the kerb function didn't work when I selected reverse. The dealer told me it was probably because the setting wasn't turned on in the menu. I wonder if he was right, if he's telling porkies, or if the feature has been dropped and he genuinely didn't know...

Can anyone shed any light?

(Excuse the spaces in the link, I can't post full URLs yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
My demo car with 100 miles on the clock did not do it and I could find nothing in the menu or manual about it.

weatherlight

Mirror adjustment knob must be in R (or L for right hand drive) and opened from in car menu for it to function. My exterior mirrors are not anti dazzle, at least not as obvious as the rear view mirror.

Beery

Folks - have a look at the brochure here: https:// s3.amazonaws.com/ uk.seat.btd/ brochures /New_Leon_Brochure_2013.pdf?trid=SC

It looks like the "Passenger door mirror with kerb function when reversing" has been dropped from the "Exterior Equipment" section of the spec. It's in the brochure I have that the dealer gave me.

Interesting that when I test drove the FR demonstrator that I then ordered, the kerb function didn't work when I selected reverse. The dealer told me it was probably because the setting wasn't turned on in the menu. I wonder if he was right, if he's telling porkies, or if the feature has been dropped and he genuinely didn't know...

Can anyone shed any light?

(Excuse the spaces in the link, I can't post full URLs yet)

Hi, I contacted Seat Customer Service about this as I couldn't find the option on my FR ( although the brochure said it should be standard ). They phoned me a couple of days later ( and were very apologetic ) and said that the option had been dropped totally from all Leons produced after week 21, Mine came off the production line in week 22 :( . She couldn't give me a reason why and they were only notified at the end of July.

derelyth

Jun 11, 2011
Portsmouth
I wonder though if it is just a software issue which they may resolve in due-course? This would be quite useful as my Parents have had it on their last 3 cars but I'm used to moving mine manually when parking so I'm not overly fussed.

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
Whilst I await the build and arrival of my Leon, I am currently driving around in my parents' Mk7 Golf (which is very nice indeed, although it is about as interesting to look at as a sheet of cardboard)...

Anyway, that aside, it also has the reverse-tilting passenger mirror - it also does not park back in the same place as it left off.

One would assume it's something as simple as a software issue, as there is obviously some sort of pre-programmed series of movements to firstly tip the mirror outwards, and then downwards.

phsroberts

Ours has this problem. When you turn the ignition off after reversing into a space, the mirror can only return to its original position while the key is still in. If you take the key out, it stops it moving and won't return until you manually move it.

It also doesn't return until above 15mph if you don't take the key out.

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
Mirror adjustment knob must be in R (or L for right hand drive) and opened from in car menu for it to function. My exterior mirrors are not anti dazzle, at least not as obvious as the rear view mirror.

The operation of the auto dipping mirror is as explained by this post.

Mine works exactly as I'd expect it to :)

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Sorry to drag this thread up again, I don't have an FR but an SE with this function enabled and I've started to get the mirror not returning correctly issue.

Has any early FR users that had this issue resolved it at all either by a software update or some other means.

Thanks

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
I do hope that our Leon has the kerbside dipping mirror (when SEAT eventually get round to building our car). We currently have this feature on our Mk5 Golf and it has proven to be very useful.

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
yes, if the car is built after wk49 then it will come with the working kerb dipping.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.