Tips on lowering?

cupra_mike

Alrite guys and dolls! Can anyone share any of there experinces with getting there mrk 2 lowered? Make used and difference its made etc. As im seriously thinkin bout gettin it done but just need a few tips.
Cheers

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
buy a decent kit. spend around 2-300 pounds,get the geometry done after fitting,40mm is the norm without any problems,buy a reputable kit,always springs and matched dampers or coil overs.
aviod cheap kist like the plague,have a search theres loads of info on here ;)

PeterC

I just got mine lowered, but the car pulls to the right, and my steering wheel is turned to the right about 10 degrees, Will a wheel alignment sort that out?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
PeterC said:
I just got mine lowered, but the car pulls to the right, and my steering wheel is turned to the right about 10 degrees, Will a wheel alignment sort that out?
sounds like tracking to me,but get it 4 wheel aligned and get both done

KarenJ

May 10, 2005
In my own little world.....
See my Thunk thunk Thunk thread in this section somewhere - thankfully it is all sorted now - great round corners and the ride isn't to hard either.

Looks sweet as well - just waiting to get my alloys next

fk5z4y.jpg

one day one day

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
dont go more than 40mm or your motor will get shaken apart like mine. Got the Koni sports kit all round and handling is great but ride aint too comfy

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
jason said:
buy a decent kit. spend around 2-300 pounds,get the geometry done after fitting,40mm is the norm without any problems,buy a reputable kit,always springs and matched dampers or coil overs.
aviod cheap kist like the plague,have a search theres loads of info on here ;)

All of the above! especially the Matched springs & dampers makes a huge differance to ride quality.

PeterC

Hey what, and where did you get those side repeaters! thats exactly what im looking for

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
avaialable anywhere VW .ask for mk4 polo ones,most suppliers will have a shed load of different colours.
do not buy mk3 golf ones,they have to be modded to take ibiza bulbs,or you need mk3 gold bulbs and holders

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
I'm dropped 40mm on the FK kit, was a huge thread about it a while back, so I am sure it will turn up in a search. If i remember a few people got the same kit. Looked very nice dropped on 17's, and is also good on my other wheels which are 16's. Handling wise its a firmer ride, but not too firm, and the difference is definitely noticeable.

justinking

Oct 3, 2005
mate i am thinking about sellin my FK kit if your interested, still in box etc.. there is a post in this section about them..

cupra_mike

cheers for the offer but 1st priority is my white team dynamics! In the new year its lowering time me thinks!