to buy new ibiza?

Xanthianx

Apr 5, 2013
Worcester, UK
1.4dsg engine is meant to be good but has oil issues I think.

personally ive gone for the 1.2tsi - 105bhp, £30 tax 35-40mpg, cant go wrong

pugboy

Dec 2, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
The 2.0 Diesel will go well, but its a lot of weight over the front end of a little car. Take a look at the difference in weight between the models and you will see what I mean.
Obviously I am biased, but if running costs are a consideration the 1.2 TSi is a brilliant choice. Personally I don't like diesels in little cars as I think they should be revvy and nippy around town. Diesels are great in family cars or motorway cruisers and get the job done well. The only diesel I have ever enjoyed driving was a 330D which went quite well once it was remapped. Actually my mate had a 2.2D Civic and that was quiet and revved smoothly.

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
i have drove the mk5 in the following models. of the 1.2 fr 1.4se copa (mine) 1.4 cupra

obviously the cupra being the most fun to drive but costs a arms and leg and if going second hand (which i thought about) there is prone problems to them engines. the 1.4 i have atm has a bit punch. makes a nice noise but gets poor mpg.. the 1.2 is faster on paper but when i took it out didnt feel that nippy but has the turbo on. being the 1.2 you get cheaper tax/insurance/petrol and on paper it is faster with around 2-30 more break!

i would reccomend the 1.2 fr possibly just for the better mpg and sportier look however mine comes with loads kit inside.. just depends what upir after buddy!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise