Toledo V5 Brake Lights stopped working

GKSeatV5

Hi, was driving home last night and when I got back, I was reversing up my drive and usually I can see the brake lights in the reflection on the front door, but noticed all 3 were not working :confused:

My instinct tells me it my be my brake light switch, but, I have not that long replaced the switch under the pedal. I noticed all of the brake lights stayed on one day and the cruise control stopped working and then battery went flat. So I replaced the switch and all was working fine. This was about 3 months ago.

Could a brand new brake switch fail in 3 months? It's odd now all of the lights dont work, as oppose to when the switch failed last time, and all brake lights stayed on?

Could it be a fuse perhaps? And anyone know which fuse is the brake lights? If indeed it has one?

Oh and typically my MOT runs out tomorrow :)

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Fuse 13 is the brake light switch, should be a 10 A fuse. Also check the wiring for the brake switch, it might have fallen off?

adaminnit

if cruise stops as well as brake lights then defo brake pedal switch. couple of quid part, but a bit of a b1tch to fit!