Tomorrow's the day!

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
Had the call this morning to say that my Leon ST FR 1.4 ACT will be ready for collection tomorrow! Just looked up when I placed the order and it will be one day short of 14 weeks until delivery. Not too bad as I had specified quite a lot of options including the panoramic glass sunroof which meant that it had to be a factory build for us and that the factory was on shutdown for all of August.
The sales guy, Andy, that I dealt with at Pete Stockill's in Hull has been excellent, found out information for me and regularly kept me informed as to the progress of the build.
My Saab Sportwagon is off to its new owner this evening, really excited and looking forward to the morning!
Conal

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
Cheers guys, appreciate your replies. Once I get the car it is back home to Scarborough then a trip up to Newcastle until after the weekend. Will be nice to have a decent journey in it to start with, should allow me to experiment with things as we go along.
Hopefully will get a few pics of it over the weekend.
Conal

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
Post appeared twice, could a mod please remove?
Thanks

Last edited:

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
Picked up the car this morning, all was well except for a slight hiccup with the wing mirrors which didn't want to dip when reversing. Went into the workshop for a while and all seemed well when I left but not 100% sure they are right. The passenger one does move a bit when reverse is selected but not much, will see how it goes!
Did 150 miles of mixed roads on our way up to Newcastle, did take it fairly easy as was playing with lots of the toys on the way! Car averaged 51.3 mpg which I was pleased with, lots of the time it indicated that it was running on 2 cylinders which can't be bad.
Will try for pics over the weekend.
Conal

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
when you have reverse, just adjust the mirror as low as you want and next time it will go to that position.

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
Thanks very much, that sounds good to me. Will go out and try it just as soon as it stops lashing down!
Thanks again,
Conal

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
you need to enable lower mirror when reversing in the car set up menu, switch on, engage reverse, adjust the left mirror to where you want it to be when reversing, and leave the mirror remote set to the LEFT mirror, not the right one as stated in the manual.....when you pull away the mirror will revert to your normal setting. If you don't want it to lower sometimes, move the mirror remote to another position and it will stay as normal...hope you enjoy the car!!

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
Thanks very much for the input guys, managed to get it sorted out thanks to your advice. Once the rain stopped I went out and had half an hour playing with various menus, putting in my phone contacts, connecting up my iPod etc. All good fun!
Thanks again, will no doubt be back for more advice.
Conal

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.