Torque Steer !

hondated

Dec 13, 2007
About ten weeks ago I managed to break my wrist, it is relevant , and has a consequence I was unable to drive which meant me driven around by my dear wife. She loves me being a passenger as much as I love being driven by her. Enough said then !.
So to the point during this time we had a new clutch fitted and it was only yesterday that I finally got to drive the car and all is not well.
To be fair to my wife she had commentated since the new clutch was fitted that the car didnt feel right and it certainly doesn't.
What I have established is that when I accelerate the car pulls to the right and through searching I have just found out its torque steer as one wheel is turning faster than the other on the front.
What I have also read is that my engine could be shimmed one side to equalise the drive shafts so I am now wondering whether when they removed the engine { local garage ) they have not refitted any shims that were fitted.
So can I ask does anyone know whether shims are actually fitted on my FR or not or could TS be caused by something else.
Obviously I would appreciate all and any advice anyone can offer.
Still want to keep it as I like it and I am convinced its a future classic.

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby
Sorry - I know this is an old post. I've just had this today with my car (Leon FR 184) Accelerated from about 20-30 in town and it suddenly pulled to the right? Anyone else had this? I've had no issues at all with torque steer before? And I certainly wouldn't expect it at such low speeds. It's been a hot day - would this affect the electronic diff at all? I did some further pulls and no issues??? Hoping it's not an electrical issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards Ken

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.