Track Day / Nurburgring LCR Pads

CHRIS200

Powered by Seat Sport
Oct 4, 2003
Fleet, Hants
Visit site
I currently have the Mintex pads on my LCR, from what I have read in the past no one would recommend these for use on a track day.

Would the std brembo pads from SEAT be sufficient?? I am looking at doing a track day in April and i'm also off to the Nurburgring in a couple of months.

If not, what would people recommend?? I had the carbon matellic pad in the past, yeah they were awesome but I had to have my wheels refurbished when I changed so I don't want these agian.

Cheers
Chris

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
ferrodo DS2500's - £90 ish from badger5 :) job jobbed. as long asyou have good discs, and fresh fluid

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
used to run 2500's......great pads, but they do go off with age........have recently fitted some PF01's and PF disks, tried them out for first time yesterday.....fook me, flippin awesome, nearly crashed first time I used em hard - perhaps too good for street use

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
i used ferodo ds2500 with standard discs...... after 10 laps of the ring the discs were warped but pads didnt fade. Have now changed to ap 2 piece discs with the ferodo pads and going to change the fluid as it has been changed since new - 45k miles! Going to the ring this year so will see if there is a difference.

CHRIS200

Powered by Seat Sport
Oct 4, 2003
Fleet, Hants
Visit site
I'm only gonna be doing 4 laps of the rig as that is what my misses bought me for xmas. Would the DS2500 be ok for this then, I don't really wanna have to pay out for new discs again, or would the std brembo pads be ok??

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
ds2500 would be fine for this - they are fine for full on trackdays its just that on my car, they have got a bit less grippy as they have worn down over a year or so - I would use them again though, nice feel to them, not overly snatchy but will take the heat ok

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
CHRIS200 said:
I'm only gonna be doing 4 laps of the rig as that is what my misses bought me for xmas. Would the DS2500 be ok for this then, I don't really wanna have to pay out for new discs again, or would the std brembo pads be ok??

Agree with the other the DS2500's but also consider some fresh brake fluid and upgrade to something a little better than OE, think Bill does Motul DOT5.1 IIRC....

PF's are the business but way too much dust and builds heat way too quickly for OE discs(on track, good for roads use) PF's warps discs quickly...they came back to shape but not nice at the time.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
pagid blues on mine at the mo... not too bad. pad pickup on disks tho which PF did'nt. will prolly have to bin them after practice/race next week... only 3rd time on track and they will have been consumed.

gtaylor1000

I too am looking buying the DS2500 for the cupra r 225 anyone know the best place i can pick them up from

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
pagid blues, expired now. cracked to feck... as are disks now :(

so much for trying them out.

back to CM pads and maybe DS3000's again. - oh, and yet another pair of disks!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members