Traffic sign recognition

martay777

Nov 29, 2018
Page 105 - The manual states that one of the items viewable in the digital cockpit is:
Traffic signs. Display of traffic signs detected.

Page 175 - There's a warning about it too:
The driving recommendations and traffic indications shown on the navigation system may differ from the current traffic situation.
● Traffic signs and traffic regulations have priority over the recommendations and displays provided by the navigation system.
● Adjust your vehicle speed and driving style to suit visibility, weather, road and traffic conditions.

Reference: https://www.seat.com/owners/your-se...8)&id=87&_charset_=UTF-8&version=ibiza2019_48

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I don't think it can. It might be copy-pasted from the Leon/Ateca. The Ibiza doesn't have the lane assist camera, which is what the traffic sign recognition system uses.

Having said that, it might show speed limits coded in from the GPS system.

martay777

Nov 29, 2018
That'd be lazy and misleading if Seat simply copy and pasted from the Leon/Ateca Manual and attached it to the MY19 manual of the Ibiza.
Granted, the wording is ambiguous, but I understood it as an included feature within the digital cockpit setup - something only introduced to MY19 Lux and Sport.

Not a lot of information about at the moment so will have to wait and see.

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
Did anyone figure this out? I also noticed it in the manual the other day and have since looked at settings in the car but have found nothing...

martay777

Nov 29, 2018
They do sometimes appear in the digital cockpit, but they don't stay around for long

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
They do sometimes appear in the digital cockpit, but they don't stay around for long
I’d tried randoming using the sat nav, in which the traffic signs were appearing in the centre screen but not in the digital cockpit. Must only work when sat navs giving directions?

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
UK Ibiza doesn't have traffic sign recognition.

It's useless anyway better off using Waze on Carplay or Android Auto.