Traffic

KarlosMk3

Howdy,

Quick question about the traffic button...

Do i have to do anything to activate traffic reports? Do they even work in the UK?

Everytime i press that button i get "no reports available", even when im stuck in a 5 mile tail back on the m25 :-(

Not a big deal, but i was just interested because i heard somewhere the satnav could re-route you based on traffic, no traffic reports = no re-routing :-(

I may just be unlucky and only press it when there are no reports. Has anyone got this to work??

Cheers

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
I have used mine several times now and it just seems to update automatically, the sat-nav diverting you is something I have yet to see happen.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

volts

Sep 1, 2011
Traffic gets it's information from radio stations (im sure the mk2 and mk3 have similar systems so have you got any radio stations which offer traffic reports saved. Just a thought

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
I see lots of reports in mine but I think it is mainly road works where known traffic is meant to be. I am not sure how alert the whole thing is for the situation where there is an accident somewhere.

I drove back from Belgium on Sunday and when I put in my route it warned me of traffic on the route. I am not sure which button I pressed but it routed me around it all.

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
Mine seems to work the same as it did in the Mk2 I had. They just appear (as transmitted by radio stations you receive reception from) when you press the button. Or on the Satnav screen a traffic problem should appear on the map. In addition to this, if there is a problem reported on a route you are taking, it should pipe up and say "Attention: Traffic Problems." in that very attractive SEAT voice...

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Mine works fine, although sometimes I have to push it a couple of times till I get reports rather than it saying no reports
I find it great, although you do sometimes have to use with common sence and not always follow the diversion it gives without out checking why its re routing
I.E. the first time I used it it saved me over three hours sitting in a traffic jam by finding a alternative way past the jam.
The next time I used it, it took me on a 20mile detour just to get round a broken down car that was not causing any delays

So now I use it with info from other sources and find it invaluable, especially if I don't know the area

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members