Travel assist.

Jan 23, 2021
Hello!
I´m guy from Finland. Sorry for my bad english. I bought a Formentor in december. Since that day allmost every time i start the car "travel assist not available" pops out in yellow color.
Car has been in cupra service two times and they have made program updates and recalibrated the front camera. Neither did not help.
I read from VW forum, that in Golf8 has the same problem. In these cars have been changed the steering wheel and problem is gone.
Have you had such a problem in your Formentor?

Yhteisön todentama ‑kuvake

Yhteisön todentama ‑kuvake

Ian mc

Oct 24, 2020
My Formentor went into service department for a major software update yesterday, it didn't have the travel assist fault but since the update, it does now...and the Sat nav won't load, will speak to them today but not what you want or expect of a new car

Baldiesimo

Mar 16, 2021
Hello!
I´m guy from Finland. Sorry for my bad english. I bought a Formentor in december. Since that day allmost every time i start the car "travel assist not available" pops out in yellow color.
Car has been in cupra service two times and they have made program updates and recalibrated the front camera. Neither did not help.
I read from VW forum, that in Golf8 has the same problem. In these cars have been changed the steering wheel and problem is gone.
Have you had such a problem in your Formentor?

View attachment 21457

View attachment 21456
Sorry, but this is not a problem with the car. If you read the manual you will see the travel assist is only available when you are following a planned satnav route. The directional details will show in the small screen as well as the main 12" screen.
So many problems seem to be linked with people not reading the manual.

Ian mc

Oct 24, 2020
Travel assist is for ACC, the manual does not mention Sat nav, that I could read in my phone

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Sorry, but this is not a problem with the car. If you read the manual you will see the travel assist is only available when you are following a planned satnav route. The directional details will show in the small screen as well as the main 12" screen.
So many problems seem to be linked with people not reading the manual.

Travel Assist has nothing to do with Satnav. You shouldn’t be so quick to accuse others of not reading the manual.

Reactions: Wattser and Ian mc

VocalHusky

Apr 28, 2021
I don't have the standard navigation on my car so from my experience travel assist will keep the set speed, the set distance from the car in front and try to keep the car centered on the lane, even in stop&go scenarios. What it will not do for me is adjust the speed when cornering.
From what I can tell after browsing the manual, if you have navigation (and probably follow a set route) it will use the navigation data to also slow down during cornering, so almost self driving.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Travel assist still requires a set speed, it then detects road situations and adjust speed etc accordingly. If you do have travel assist activated it WILL slow the car if it thinks its going to quickly into a bend, it will then return to set speed.

Jan 23, 2021
My car is now in cupra workshop for 5th. time. Last time ( two months ago) they finally got error code for steering wheel replacement. Now the car is in the repair shop for five days and they make also a major software update.
My car is first registered cupra formentor in Finland. I think these first cars got lots of software issues. I have had alerts for electric handbrake, broken tail light and turn signal, side assist, front assist, parking sensors (they are clean!), e call and problem with keyless locking and automatic tailgate.
I hope that car is ok when i got it back. Only thing i wonder is when wv golf got same problem thy change also the 6 pin loom. I asked about this and answer was "factory gives permission only for steering wheel". Delivery time was two months.
Despite everything i really like this car. In Finland it is only 4wd with over 300 hp and under 50k €!
And btw. manual tells to contact to cupra workshop if the sensors, camera and front radar is clean!

Last edited:

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Cant see your pictures. What happened with the steering wheel?

Mines currently at a Seat workshop because it failed to recognise ignition signal to engine (suspected gateway module J533 failure)...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members