Tuning the VZ

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Anyone thinking of tuning their VZ?
I really like the car, but coming from a TTRS it feels like it lacks a little urgency.

Im pretty sure the internals can handle a remap without much other alteration.
More importantly I’d like the map to kick things off a little earlier after putting the foot down, there’s a lag (probably due to the mapping of the gearbox rather than turbo lag) which doesn’t appear too much improved in Cupra mode.

Is abt the likely best bet?
might see about an exhaust at the same time - give it a bit more real world sound (I hate the fake sound).

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
I reached out to ABT UK and they said they don't deal with owners of the car and work only with dealers on new orders and for UK they have not started this as Cupra don't have an agreement for this and they don't know when this would happen.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Seems like a strategy that will cost them revenue, but if they are in bed with Seat then they perhaps won’t be able to get the best out of the set up either (ie they will have to agree the level of the changes with Seat, who will possibly be a little cautious).
Never mind, there will be others soon enough I’m sure, not like this is a whole new platform that needs to be cracked.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Wonder if anyone is going to go for those chip tuning ecu remap thingy which get the power increase to 372 bhp.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Wonder if anyone is going to go for those chip tuning ecu remap thingy which get the power increase to 372 bhp.

There is a poster who mentioned he is waiting on ABT tune. He is not in the UK though.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Lots of companies do such products like Racechip and Superchips. Superchips even do installation by coming to your postcode or you can go their HQ and get it done.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
I’d rather have a custom map with an exhaust at the same time, but depends how long that will take, as I need to introduce a bit of excitement to the car after a disappointing start.
Reasonable boost offered, and the tuning pedal sounds worthwhile, but you’d want to rolling road it before and after to ensure its accurate.

MrMinch

Mar 7, 2021
I’d rather have a custom map with an exhaust at the same time, but depends how long that will take, as I need to introduce a bit of excitement to the car after a disappointing start.
Reasonable boost offered, and the tuning pedal sounds worthwhile, but you’d want to rolling road it before and after to ensure its accurate.
What about the warranty?

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
What about the warranty?
Cupra warranty or tuning warranty?
I‘d be willing to take the risk on the Cupra warranty using a reputed UK tuner.
This less so, don’t know anything more about it than what’s within the link.

I need to wait and see if I can get the software / systems issues sorted first, then will see what’s out there.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
It’ll be void of course, at least for any engine related issues, and probably gearbox too.

MrMinch

Mar 7, 2021
CupraCraig you inspired me so that TuningBox is on its way. Im no mechanic so ill see if I can instal it, otherwise Ill find someone who can and Ill let you know! Im coming from 510bhp alfa so i would like a bit more raar ;)

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
CupraCraig you inspired me so that TuningBox is on its way. Im no mechanic so ill see if I can instal it, otherwise Ill find someone who can and Ill let you know! Im coming from 510bhp alfa so i would like a bit more raar ;)
Get it rolling roaded before and after, otherwise you’ll never know for sure what impact it has had.
I had a TTRS before this so feel your pain.

Dovla_ktm

Jan 22, 2021
ABT released complete exhaust for Formentor/S3.
3200 eur. 102 mm black matt endcaps with ABT logo..
Will suit nicely with the rest of ABT package😁

Attachments

• 7EE13EE2-F9FE-43B4-A930-8933863FFCF5.jpeg
    7EE13EE2-F9FE-43B4-A930-8933863FFCF5.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 236

Dovla_ktm

Jan 22, 2021
Update:

Discovered that Remus is producing exhausts for ABT. Same one with titanium ends and carbon caps is 2050 eur in Remus online shop. 1200 eur cheaper than ABT and like I mentioned, you get titanium&carbon combination for that price.
Ordered😁

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Lots of companies do such products like Racechip and Superchips. Superchips even do installation by coming to your postcode or you can go their HQ and get it done.
Superchips bluefin is actually a full fat remap, not a tuning box.

tuning box’s are OKAY, they are removable (warranty claims) and can be installed on your drive. They do not offer as much power or control as a remap however.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Despite my issues I’m going to end up keeping the car as they won’t be deemed severe enough to reject and it would hurt to the tune of a few thousand pounds to sell so soon.
So....I want to improve it and try and rebuild a relationship with it!

Needs to be lowered and remapped.
Anything out there in the UK yet??

oh and does lowering with the adaptive suspension cause any issues. I’m sure there must be a work around in VW world.

Reactions: Yaz2010
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise