Tuning work.

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
I'm due to have a lot of tuning work done to my leon shortly. Trouble is the performance place is in a tier 3 and I am in tier 2. So, am I allowed to get the work done or not? Some of my friends are say no.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
If the place is open, they will have social distancing measures in place. It's not like your sitting down for a coffee with them, your dropping your car off and leaving. I was at R-tech yday getting my cambelt done.

I'd just call the place, confirm their open and check what they expect you to do - I dropped car off, not allowed inside the garage or waiting area. When I paid, I had to sit in the car and they called me and took payment over the phone.

Reactions: icestorm81

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
I'm due to have a lot of tuning work done to my leon shortly. Trouble is the performance place is in a tier 3 and I am in tier 2. So, am I allowed to get the work done or not? Some of my friends are say no.

Depends how you interpret the guidelines.

"if you live in a tier 2 area, you must continue to follow tier 2 rules when you travel to a tier 1 area. Avoid travel to or overnight stays in tier 3 areas other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities.You can travel through a tier 3 area as a part of a longer journey"

Define `necessary`.

I think by letter of the Law - possibly not.

I agree with @Legojon to an extent though - if everything is socially distanced, it should be fine. Is it totally essential? Maybe not - but it's not like it's a social gathering.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Best thing is to give them a call and ask them!

Make sure you've got a lift to take you home whilst they carry out the work.

I'm in Tier 2 and had to drop my car off and leave them to it until I got a phone call.

Reactions: icestorm81
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members