TURBO GONE! 😭🤯

Lottie Davies’x

Oct 7, 2020
West Midlands
Soooo... Little story and advice please!

Seat Leon Fr Cr Tdi 2010 - 67,302 miles.

My car started smoking around a month ago. Got told it was the car trying to regenerate and because there was an issue with the software on the car it wouldn’t fix itself. No loss in power though. Anyway I decided to get a RollBack with a local tuner - After that the car stopped smoking and the car was perfect for over 3 weeks.

2 days ago.. I went for a Stage 1 + Remap, my car went from 170 to 212bhp. I left the tuner and went for a drive... MY GOD! The power gained was Craaaazy! Raced my friends Scooby that is 220bhp and let’s say, he enjoyed looking at my arse! 😋

BUT the excitment ended VERY quickly! ...Within 20 minutes of driving I seen smoke and I froze up! I went back to the tuner and he did a diagnostic on the car, nothing was coming up - He then took the Remap off the car and just left the Roll Back on it and told me to go for a drive again. The car smoked even more.. To the extent where I couldn’t see behind me and the cars around me had to stop.. 😳

I went to a local mechanic friend and they looked at the car and did another diagnostic... Due to there being an electric fault it wasn’t showing up with any issues🥺
I had a electrician come out and they changed me £60 to plug their special machine into my car.. My turbo had gone BOOM! 💨💨

The truth is - When the car had started to smoke a month previous, it wasn’t to do with the car trying to regen, it was because the turbo was on the way out and I spent £200 on a rollback thinking it was something else.. But funnily enough the car stopped smoking after having that done and the car was perfect, the mechanic said that having the Rollback just prolonged the life of the turbo and made the software tell the turbo it was new again... BUT having it Remapped 2 days ago with the power and the pressure, the turbo couldn’t cope! 🤦🏼‍♀️

I now have my baby that smokes like a steam train and is currently a sitting duck without a remap and without a turbo!

Currently been quoted £1,000 for one locally.. Anyone had this issue and managed it cheaper?

Thnx Lottie 😩

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Oh no that’s awful sorry to hear that. Is that £1000 to supply and fit the turbo? As that’s a decent price. You can buy remanded turbos at the motor factors with a warranty now too which I have used on customers cars to help save money.

Lottie Davies’x

Oct 7, 2020
West Midlands
I’ve looked into it and it says the tenth from the left denotes the model year and the eighth is the engine codes on the VIN..
So the Tenth is A and the eighth is P?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I’ve looked into it and it says the tenth from the left denotes the model year and the eighth is the engine codes on the VIN..
So the Tenth is A and the eighth is P?
Darkside developments do turbos on there website but you need the engine code ie mines bwj or bbw etc they sell aftermarket turbos that are straight fit for the standard pd engines. If anyone who reads this can help find the engine code for this car please post it on the thread so we know what turbo is fitted to this Leon.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
A 2010 Facelift 170 will be the CEGA engine.

£1000 for a turbo is too much, should be able to get a remanufactured one for less than half that.
Make sure the place rebuilding the turbo uses quality parts, ask them if they use Melett. If they say no put the phone down.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

Lottie Davies’x

Oct 7, 2020
West Midlands
Whats a rollback?

i thought that was something you get in ASDA
😳😳
It’s a pre-emissions Software fix, takes it back to the original software from when the car was new after the VAG gate scandal with emissions. Oh and went to ASDA today and got a good deal on the Rollbacks too! Learn something new everyday huh! 🤣

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.