Turbo Tuning Stages

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Out of interest, whats the general tuning stages consist of? I'm not after the REVO stages, just Turbo Stages #'s in general, i.e Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 2. Is it around the same structure as NA cars/bikes?

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
1 - filter, manifold, exhaust, remap
2 - above, plus, bigger turbo
3 - above but bigger turbo, internals, etc...

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I reckon stage 1 is basic upgrades, exhaust and intake,

Stage 2 is possibly a bigger turbo, but more bolt on, more bolt on mods of varying difficulty to fit

Stage 3 BT and internal work.

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
to simplify

1. standard turbo :(

2. bigger turbo :)

3. even bigger turbo :D

4. turbo so big even leyland daff wouldnt know where to put it :cartman: :lol: :funk: :whistle:

:drool:

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
Just wondering, how do you make so much torque ? Do you run some kind of over boost i.e constant 1 bar of boost then at a certain rpm say 1.5 bar for a split second if you know what i mean. cos ive noticed Philw made 209bhp and 281 ft/lbs of torque. In my previous car (Punto GT) I ran 1 bar constant boost and an over boost setting of 1.6 bar when you floor the pedal.:D

flashbsd

dyno lottery! :D

Don't rely on other peoples RR results, i've learnt that in the past :)

except the helpful olly's of course ;)

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
what boost pressure is that your running OLLY20VT ? and i take it the K03s turbo you have is the same as the normal, but it has a 360 thrust bearing instead of a 270 degree !

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Well my engine modifications soon will be; Blue Flame Turbo Back Exhaust, Forge FMIC, Forge 007P, Samco Turbo Tip, Dynatwist, 4 Bar FPR, K03S (058 Unsilenced) & Jabba Live Re-Map.

At the moment it's 212bhp & 258ft/lb without the FMIC & K03S (+ New Re-Map) but that was on Jabba's old rollers and I've heard they can over read.

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
So whats the difference between the ko3 and the ko3s ? im used to dealing with Garrett turbo chargers. Im assuming one has a 270 thrust bearing and the other (ko3s) has a 360 thrust bearing !!!!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Its was one of those days i think, but theres been a few people on here that have been to Westec within a few weeks of me gettin my results, maybe i justhave a good engine, lol. And there was two back to back runs showing near enough the same figure, done on a rolling road day with many satisfied customers.

I take it with a pinch of salt tbh, it feels good on the road and thats what i'm happy about. .

With downpipe, 4bar and Revo stage 2 i'm hoping for around 215-220.

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
ok but you still havent told me what boost pressure you ran to acheive these figures and what the differences between the turbos are.:p

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
MR Ibiza Cupra said:
ok but you still havent told me what boost pressure you ran to acheive these figures and what the differences between the turbos are.:p

Not sure on the exact figure buts its around 22psi spike holding for a bit at 20 then tailin off higher up the rev range. If that helps.

Max bhp was about 4700rpm.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.