TVS engineering

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
Although my Cupra R ST is different from your car, I can tell you I'm very happy with the tune done by TVS Engineering about half a year ago. Drivability is great. Very smooth in Comfort mode while driving in traffic or cruising around, still with all power available. Very sporty and direct in Cupra mode, it goes like a rocket.
They did their Stage 2+ tune for both engine (ECU) and DSG (TCU), with modifications on the intake path. As mentioned already by others, their line of stages is different from others, their Stage 2 can be compared to the normal Stage 1, which is a custom remap without further modifications. Their Stage 2+ adds desired modifications to that (still with stock turbo). For details see my review elsewhere in this forum: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/custom-remap-stage-1-plus.459156/post-4941390
My tune was done at their head quarters, but tunes can also be done at their dealers/partners. From what I'm told the files are being sent to and from head quarters, same for needed custom modifications to the files.

Reactions: Starkblood80

Starkblood80

Feb 15, 2020
Although my Cupra R ST is different from your car, I can tell you I'm very happy with the tune done by TVS Engineering about half a year ago. Drivability is great. Very smooth in Comfort mode while driving in traffic or cruising around, still with all power available. Very sporty and direct in Cupra mode, it goes like a rocket.
They did their Stage 2+ tune for both engine (ECU) and DSG (TCU), with modifications on the intake path. As mentioned already by others, their line of stages is different from others, their Stage 2 can be compared to the normal Stage 1, which is a custom remap without further modifications. Their Stage 2+ adds desired modifications to that (still with stock turbo). For details see my review elsewhere in this forum: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/custom-remap-stage-1-plus.459156/post-4941390
My tune was done at their head quarters, but tunes can also be done at their dealers/partners. From what I'm told the files are being sent to and from head quarters, same for needed custom modifications to the files.
Thanks for the reply, it’s good to hear from someone who has direct experience with them!

Lord_Nikkon

Jul 18, 2020
Poland
Hello all,

I have DKZA and DQ381 and to be honest they have really good reputation across many forums in EU and Asia. I don't need to change soft in my ECU. I believe my engine has enough power and I'm considering "Drivability" upgrade. Stage 2+ has raised torque on clutch to handle 600Nm which is not needed for me (no plans to increase engine power). Plus "Drivability" option is almost 50% cheaper than Stage 2+.

To be honest i prefer to trust this company form Netherlands (not Denmark) than looking good tuner in Poland who will screw up program and kill gearbox.

I saw video and comments of people who made Stage2+ which include "Drivability" and they are more than satisficed. WLTP killing this box performance.

I just waiting with upgrade due to high euro - pln exchange rate.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Lol at the TVS comment?

i have been on forums since 2005 and i haven’t heard of them

was always

Jabbasport
Awesome
Revo
R-tech

i have had 2 revo maps an r-tech map, superchips bluefin, star performance.

never heard of TVS in my puff

I've been here since back in the day, names come and go. When I joined up JBS/Custom Code were big.

One of my trusted mechanics AKA Alex Kerr (AKS Tuning) is now a TVS dealer. After a few mins looking around it seems they are really good especially DSG.

I'd be happy getting TVS on a VAG car ... if I had one!

GlekkeMatrak

Dec 22, 2020
Houtvenne, Belgium
I've had my DQ200 tuned by a TVS dealer in Belgium, to Stage 2+. He downloaded the diagnostic data from the gearbox, sent the file to TVS headquarters mentioning I was a waiting customer, and within about half an hour they sent the complete diagnostic report and the new SW-file. Since the reflash, I can literally feel the clutch clamping harder when grabbing the other clutch. Shifts are a tad quicker/more direct, and driveability in all driveprofiles has increased. My engine is still stock SW-wise, but the car performes better overall just by the DQ200 tune. I'd say go for it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise