Tyres??

Bones46

Aug 28, 2012
I got eagle f1s on mine and am happy with them.... Don't drive like a loon much but feel good in rain or dry!

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Good to finally hear some feedback on the Rainsport 3s.

Used to put Rainsports 2s on my old remapped Fabia VRS (170bhp / 280lb/ft) and they'd grip in standing water with traction control off from a standing start. Was properly impressed.

Looks like @ £67 / tyre I'll be giving the RS3s a go in a month or so :) I'd usually swear by Michelins, but not for £40 more per corner.

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
I think they are proper tyres (wet & dry). Im still thinking about what to do next. I have 2 RS3 and 2 Michelin PS3 (almost shot). Either it will be:

2x Rainsport 3 (so 4x RS3 in total) or 2x Yokohama Advan AD08, im thinking about putting on some Ultra High Performance summer tyres on there for once.

Last edited:

tommytucker

Oct 28, 2012
11K from P Ross's on front

:thumbup:

The Goodyears will definitely last a little bit longer. I think the average driver should expect at least 12000 miles out of a pair of Uniroyals on the front.

Just got 11,000 miles out of P Ross's RUNNING AT 33 Psi on the front. Given what been's said probably go again for these- only 5000 miles would worry me:cry:

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
:blink: That is very impressive mileage,yes it's not mega hp but still you must be a careful driver.
My GY Eagles Asy 2's have done 11k and look not far off new, guy that did the MOT thought they were no more than a couple of K old.

Highly recommended tyre, although the only ones I've had on the Leon plenty or others on previous cars and I really do rate these.

tommytucker

Oct 28, 2012
Tyre Wear

Grayboy

That's impressive as well-must be a hard compound to get that sortopf mileage.Do you find that the Asymetricals go quicker on the edges if the tracking is out and you can't swop them around?
Tommytucker
LCR Mk1

tommytucker

Oct 28, 2012
Tyre Wear

Cheers nd-the Goodyears are listed as having better mileage due to cavity and stiffer thread which seems to borne out by users on here.My only concern is that the Cupra r is a very stiff ride anyway and whether these would just add to the clunker suspension set up.
Tommytucker.

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Grayboy

That's impressive as well-must be a hard compound to get that sortopf mileage.Do you find that the Asymetricals go quicker on the edges if the tracking is out and you can't swop them around?
Tommytucker
LCR Mk1

I keep my tracking tip top so not had any issues there. ;)

I am very surprised but in honesty 85% of my driving is in London so town speeds. We have done 2 euro road trips (2k and 3.2k round trips) and a le Mans which were pretty hard going.

My old man preferences these and he does 40+K a year in big estates, he's been through just about every tyre out there and said these can't be beaten for performance and wear rate.

Grayboy

Tommytucker
LCR Mk1

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
Cheers nd-the Goodyears are listed as having better mileage due to cavity and stiffer thread which seems to borne out by users on here.My only concern is that the Cupra r is a very stiff ride anyway and whether these would just add to the clunker suspension set up.

Tommytucker.

From camskill.

Mine came to £136 delivered for 2 yesterday when ordered

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.