Tyres

lfc84

Jul 23, 2018
Got the tyres fitted on Easter Saturday at ATS. I submitted my promo claim on Easter Monday and received the £80 Amazon voucher today. Quidco tracked for the online purchase so I'm happy with how it's all gone.

For tyre pressures they put 36 in the front and 34 in the rear. Doesn't match the label in the door, but I guess they've gone with a Michellin guide

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
My previous 2 cars (Leon and then Ibiza) had Bridgestones, Turranza ER300E then Potenza RE050A, all parked in the same parking spot, so sun and elements are 'equal.' Both the Bridgestones did crack minimally, but not to the extent of yours. Both tyres started cracking around the 18 month mark. My most up to date car had Michelin Primacy 4s, and even past the 24 month mark, there were no cracks whatsoever. When I saw the cracks in your image the first thing I though, oh, look they must be Bridgestones! And they were! I guess you will find the Michelin would grip better and last longer...

Reactions: lfc84

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I had a Mazda 6 that came stock with Bridgestone Turranzas. The car tram-lined and squirmed under heavy braking. I just assumed it was the car but when I fitted different tyres the misbehavior went away.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I had a Mazda 6 that came stock with Bridgestone Turranzas. The car tram-lined and squirmed under heavy braking. I just assumed it was the car but when I fitted different tyres the misbehavior went away.
Tell me about it, entering a slip road raining heavily, put my foot down to accelerate, Turranza's just lit up the traction control, revs flared but speed didn't increase. And that is in the warm weather...when it came winters, and in UK winter wheels are not compulsory, it got worse, even in the dry! Between the two Bridgestones, the Potenza were marginally better performing, even managed to move me in light snow/ice. Wouldn't be doing that exercise again if had the chance.

Reactions: Mr Pig
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise