UK Launch Pricing and Specifications Announced

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
SEAT UK have now announced the launch pricing and specifications for the Tarraco range.

In addition to the SE, SE Technology, XCELLENCE and XCELLENCE trim levels there will be SE First Edition, XCELLENCE First Edition and XCELLENCE First Edition Plus versions available from the launch weekend (22nd to 24th February) and available to order until the end of Q1 2019.

Somewhat bizarrely (in my opinion) SEAT have chosen to only offer 2WD cars with manual transmission, so are likely to lose sales to the Kodiaq and/or Tiguan Allspace when buyers want DSG-auto but do not want/need 4WD :think:

Ordering for the 1.5 TSI EVO 150, 2.0 TDI 150 and 2.0 TDI 190 DSG-auto 4Drive opens on Tuesday 4th December. Ordering for the 2.0 TDI 150 DSG-auto 4Drive and 2.0 TSI 190 DSG-auto 4Drive will open in early January once technical data is available.

Full details attached...

Attachments

• Tarraco Price List 29.11.18.pdf
    105.1 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Scroggs I see no heated windscreen or Navigation Plus on there. Is that an added option on a list not shown or Seat holding back on that for the Cupra whenever that may be. There was that thing at the time of the Ateca launch that we got them due to the Skoda factory having the Ford license.

I note the Navigation Plus is dropped from all Ateca's except the Cupra... and no sign as yet of Seat UK offering Mapcare at a token price as Europe or any price. Mod operators will do well out of that one on Ateca Cupras.

I did wonder whether Navigation Plus would be standard on them given you got to integrate that with the emergency call facility. Spec says 3D maps but then often that's said on the standard system confusing the 2.5D with the actual 3D icon of features that the Plus gives you. Is it a typo or that problematic SD based unit ?.

TSR you can turn on with the Lane Assist camera. Winter pack, heated mirrors - not mentioned. Feels like a lot of scraping in frost of the mirrors and front windscreen. Can you check whether the mirrors are out of the winter pack and position on front windscreen.

Having a fully specified Ateca from launch less the tow bar, missing stuff on this if you can't order it.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Sorry, I've read that twice now and I still have no idea what you are actually asking me..?

All the information that has been released about Tarraco so far is attached to my post. If you want features that aren't listed as either standard or optional then they are not available. Surely that should be obvious?

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
I did :).

A. Heated windscreen an option - price ?.

B. Winter pack. Are heated wing mirrors and jet washer screen nipples really out of it as per table. Just the headlight washer in and heated seats ?. (Arona drops these as well according to the spec)

C. Navigation Plus an option ?. Or is that 3D really the Navigation Plus unit but not described correctly ?.

The killer for me is the bottom line price to provide like for like with my fully specified, less the tow bar, Ateca 2016 4x4 DSG, Panoramic roof etc.

If you answer no to A. Lot of scraping in winter.

B. Ditto.

C. No. Dah... can't be bothered.

It's a shame the Brexit induced exchange rate pushes the car above £40,000 RRP and into the penalty UK road car tax bracket on the top First Edition specced model and if you said, yes options for the front heated windscreen the rest, ditto Navigation Plus even more so. I'd have to go for the First Edition to get the panoramic roof.

I saw this coming about a month ago with the positioning of the Ateca MY2019 and thought... yes items that were offered at the Ateca launch in 2016 won't be, thus I'd be dropping down specification to get the legroom or I could lump the legroom and keep luxury practical items:). Fear not we're still going to buy a Seat but I won't be passing mine on. The other half can get their wish of not driving a "big SUV" ;). Plan B was being hatched up in the meantime.

For someone who's not coming from a fully specified car I can see the Tarraco has many attractions but I don't want to give up on my little luxuries of the heated windscreen, mirrors and Navigation Plus for the extra foot of vehicle length and what that might deliver in passenger front leg space that's sadly missing from the Ateca (that's if you are use to it).

Thanks for getting the PDF out and answer answers you provide.

Last edited:

Marcus Wilkins

Dec 7, 2018
Swindon
Hi Scrogg I received my new Alhambra last month but was told that it would be a MY19 but turns out it’s a MY18 as it doesn’t have front assist, chrome sills etc. There’s a case with seat but what can or should I ask for to get over the mis sold element.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
I did :).

A. Heated windscreen an option - price ?.

B. Winter pack. Are heated wing mirrors and jet washer screen nipples really out of it as per table. Just the headlight washer in and heated seats ?. (Arona drops these as well according to the spec)

C. Navigation Plus an option ?. Or is that 3D really the Navigation Plus unit but not described correctly ?.

The killer for me is the bottom line price to provide like for like with my fully specified, less the tow bar, Ateca 2016 4x4 DSG, Panoramic roof etc.

If you answer no to A. Lot of scraping in winter.

B. Ditto.

C. No. Dah... can't be bothered.

It's a shame the Brexit induced exchange rate pushes the car above £40,000 RRP and into the penalty UK road car tax bracket on the top First Edition specced model and if you said, yes options for the front heated windscreen the rest, ditto Navigation Plus even more so. I'd have to go for the First Edition to get the panoramic roof.

I saw this coming about a month ago with the positioning of the Ateca MY2019 and thought... yes items that were offered at the Ateca launch in 2016 won't be, thus I'd be dropping down specification to get the legroom or I could lump the legroom and keep luxury practical items:). Fear not we're still going to buy a Seat but I won't be passing mine on. The other half can get their wish of not driving a "big SUV" ;). Plan B was being hatched up in the meantime.

For someone who's not coming from a fully specified car I can see the Tarraco has many attractions but I don't want to give up on my little luxuries of the heated windscreen, mirrors and Navigation Plus for the extra foot of vehicle length and what that might deliver in passenger front leg space that's sadly missing from the Ateca (that's if you are use to it).

Thanks for getting the PDF out and answer answers you provide.

I have ordered a Seat TArraco Xcellence 2L TDI

To answer your quesions:

THere are only two options, towbar and sunroof, everything else is specced by trim levels. Seat call it EasyMOve, pick colour, trim and engine.

Tell

Staff member
I have ordered a Seat TArraco Xcellence 2L TDI

To answer your quesions:

THere are only two options, towbar and sunroof, everything else is specced by trim levels. Seat call it EasyMOve, pick colour, trim and engine.

That was the issue they took away the choice taking the Mib2 High out of the spec, the sub woofer, the heated windscreen etc. In 2016 I got a fully specified Ateca less the tow bar. Things you cant specify now in an Ateca or Tarraco. The plan was to upgrade to the Tarraco to get the front passenger legroom and pass the Ateca onto the partner. On balance I'd be giving up my little luxuries, oh and Brexit and the pound shift pushed the car over £40,000 with car tax considerations so decided I'd just lump the legroom when I'm a front passenger and keep my luxuries when driving.

I'm sure the Tarraco will be a very good car and if you didn't want the extra bits that are no longer available it doesn't make any difference. Still a pity but I do have an Arona now available to play with :). I would have just got irritated dropping down specs that aren't available and that car tax bracket.

Did they quote you a delivery estimate. The local dealer reckoned get in early and you'd get one quick. He was just agreeing with me. Tends to be how it works.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
That was the issue they took away the choice taking the Mib2 High out of the spec, the sub woofer, the heated windscreen etc. In 2016 I got a fully specified Ateca less the tow bar. Things you cant specify now in an Ateca or Tarraco. The plan was to upgrade to the Tarraco to get the front passenger legroom and pass the Ateca onto the partner. On balance I'd be giving up my little luxuries, oh and Brexit and the pound shift pushed the car over £40,000 with car tax considerations so decided I'd just lump the legroom when I'm a front passenger and keep my luxuries when driving.

I'm sure the Tarraco will be a very good car and if you didn't want the extra bits that are no longer available it doesn't make any difference. Still a pity but I do have an Arona now available to play with :). I would have just got irritated dropping down specs that aren't available and that car tax bracket.

Did they quote you a delivery estimate. The local dealer reckoned get in early and you'd get one quick. He was just agreeing with me. Tends to be how it works.

They reckoned 8-12 weeks (mid April) but will let me know once the factory accept the order.

Not sure how it was before, I am new to SEAT. I moved up the trim range until it hit all the options I needed so settled for the basic Xcellence. I think it has a lot of kit included, as I was looking at the Kodiaq which would have come to 34K with the same spec

Tell

Staff member
Seats are good cars. You get VW snobbs but they are all made of VW / Audi parts and software. Pop the bonnet and labelled throughout. The chassis the same.

Design is more attractive not played down as VW and Skoda. Handling is firmer with the racing suspension compared to the two. The chief designer of the VAG group came from Alfa (156 days). On his arrival he brought the design looks to the Leon Mk2 when he was the chief designer of Seat then took up the main VAG job. Reckon he keeps an eye on Seat side so they don't let him down.

I know there was a fuss about the new Tarraco grill it doesn't look too dissimilar to the Arona one on the 2019. The "stuck" on tablet of the Tarraco you do see on other cars as well.

Suspect dealers are about the same quality, good and bad. Much prefer the independents better with customer care and quality.

Reactions: Tony Tonic
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.