Undecided shocks or coilovers

Spohrage

Dec 13, 2015
Hi

I am looking to replace the suspension on my mk1 leon cupra but undecided on which one would be the best setup for me, way to many options to choose from.

Would like to drop the car about 30-35mm for a better look but mainly want a setup for really good handling for the occasional tract days.

Would the Bilstein B12 Pro Kit Suspension Kit give me the required ride height and give better performance over the Apex RDX Coilovers?

Damian @ DPM

DPM Performance
Forum Sponsor
Afternoon,

Thank you for your post.

The Bilstein B12 Pro kit will give you around a further 20mm lowering on top of the already lowered Cupra model.

A good quality springs and shocks in my opinion is an all round better options in terms or a ride quality and handling combination but coilovers do give you the advantage of height adjustment with further handling improvements.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Spohrage

Dec 13, 2015
OK thanks, I am also going to be replacing all the bushes for powerflex poly bushes. Would it be alright to use the 10mm lowered top mount bush with the bilstein kit to lower it another 10mm as would like to drop the car at least 30mm?

I am not that fussed about adjustability just want to get to the desired ride height and leave it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

GAP Insurance - cover the difference for peace of mind